Post-Game Talk: TORONTO @ OTTAWA | That was uh... bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
It's not even that. Nylander's game is completely different from Sosh's. Sosh can go out there and be a little spark plug, bang and crash into everyone and show off a little skill and it's "oooh, yay!"

Nylander is not that type of player. he has to learn how to attack - not to receive the game (a lot of skilled rookies need to learn that - McDavid it. and Nylander is NOT MCDavid - so the adaptation takes longer). making a snap judgement and calling him a bust etc because he's not Sosh .. first :shakehead and second - against the very thing y'all say you can handle - being patient with the youngins.

Leaf of the Mind

BABS WAS BOB
Feb 6, 2015
They may miss the playoffs, but, they've beaten us pretty easily IMHO.

Uh, and who hasn't? Who exactly were the Leafs going to dominate this year? And to what end?
They're the ones who should be worried, a budget team who went for it this year and came up short. Let them have their project pick, sign some more overpaid veteran plugs to surround Karlsson. We've been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
What a **** game. They couldn't have made it more exciting? They've really put up some stinkers vs Ottawa this year.

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
I think that Sens did not control the game as much as the scoresheet shows. I think they just capitalized on our mistakes, which we did too many. They were quite solid at defense, not allowing us to shoot towards empty net or go 2 on 1 as we allowed.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Dude. You're the same guy who said Fire Shanahan and then I saw you praising his choice to rebuild. Can you at least make up your mind?

In what context did I write about firing Shanahan?

Shanahan, or no Shanahan, I've been supporting a true rebuild for 40 frigging years!

I just don't support tanking, or cheering for the Leafs to lose!

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
He does hit everything that moves. I really like that part of his game. Very sound in his own zone.

Doesn't solve the G situation though.
Ana has a plethora of G and D up/coming up and won't likely be able to offer the raises needed for those two guys due to the depth they have (which are stronger than the 2 current players) and they need cheap wingers in the worst way.

Gudbranson is an interesting suggestion.
I'll pay more attention to him.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009

Shanahan, or no Shanahan, I've been supporting a true rebuild for 40 frigging years!

for the last 1/2 of the season you were basically all "fire shanahan because we're bad".

they're going to lose more than they win. you don't have to cheer for it - but you don't have to get mad because. shock - the barely NHL calibre team isn't winning either.

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010

How do you rebuild by winning?

I need a scholar to explain that one to me?

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario

Your status above your name was Fire Shanahan for months. Or do you conveniently forget that?

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Brutal game, Leafs played at the Sens intensity level which is pretty weak most nights.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I thought we outplayed them to be honest, but we couldn't convert anything tonight and Sparks was badly outplayed by Anderson.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
For what it's worth, I think Nylander was one of few forwards who created any chances at all tonight.

i think so too.
like - they weren't fantastic (i think the adrenaline is gone). so now it's a lot tough work for them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad