Rumor: Toronto One Of The Teams Erik Karlsson Has Spoken To

Nogatco Rd

Owner & Operator, HFBoards LLC
Apr 3, 2021
He was traded to a team that was on his no trade list. Clearly even though a contract says something, it does not mean you can't find a way around it. I've been in enough boardrooms to know contracts are not worth the paper they are printed on. In the real world contracts are broken ALL the time.
Sounds like McDonagh chose to waive his NTC and go to Nashville rather than potentially end up on waivers. Nothing about that could be considered "breaking a contract."

Reactions: ACC1224

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Sounds like McDonagh chose to waive his NTC and go to Nashville rather than potentially end up on waivers. Nothing about that could be considered "breaking a contract."

He was strong armed into do it. In every sense of the word TB broke the spirit of the contract to get McDonnaugh to waive his NTC. Techically TB did nothing wrong but in reality it was shady what they did.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
He was traded to a team that was on his no trade list. Clearly even though a contract says something, it does not mean you can't find a way around it. I've been in enough boardrooms to know contracts are not worth the paper they are printed on. In the real world contracts are broken ALL the time.

It’s a pretty significant difference however that Rielly has a NMC versus McDonagh having an NTC.

I also don’t believe we should be trying to get rid of Rielly. He’s become underrated here. He doesn’t need an elite defensive partner, just someone steady and stay at home, which is actually true for a lot of offensive D.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
It’s a pretty significant difference however that Rielly has a NMC versus McDonagh having an NTC.

I also don’t believe we should be trying to get rid of Rielly. He’s become underrated here. He doesn’t need an elite defensive partner, just someone steady and stay at home, which is actually true for a lot of offensive D.

100% agree , NMC give the player more leverage then a NTC, almost all the leverage TBH. With that said there are still shady ways to encourage the player to waive his NMC.

The 7 mil MR is getting I think is a good value contract, I agree we probably shouldn't look at trading him BUT MR is not a typical Treliving type of defender. Tre likes Silverback gorilla types that smash. Klingberg, Gio, Rielly, Timmins, Brodie, even Lily to a certain extent are not Treliving type defenders. Klingberg signing really surprised me which is why I thought Rielly may be on the block.

It becomes more of a question of, what type of defence does Tre want?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad