Pre-Game Talk: Toronto Maple Leafs vs Vancouver Canucks: Kallgren B2B

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Lol at back to back for kallgren when they wouldn't even play Sammy with 3 days of rest couple weeks back. I think I'm over Keefe and his decisions......Let the rookie enjoy the hockey night in Canada, it'll pump him up.

Reactions: supermann_98

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Hope they win tonight. I'll be watching but really sucks they lost last night. Seemed like the better team. Sucks even more when borge is sitting there.

I don't get why this team can't score more this year. Get your shit together Leafs. They're better than this record.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Kallgren faced 22 shots last night, there’s no way he can go tonight.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
My guess is they've seen Petro for a few practices and concluded this guy is nowhere near NHL ready.

What a bang up job Dubas did with the goaltending situation this year :laugh:

We've gone from a solid Andy and McBackup to Murray, Sammy, Woll, Kallgren and Petro in 4+ years under a GM who thinks you can win with small, skilled forwards and dmen. LOL.

Dream scenario, lose this game. Wake up to a hot coffee and the Leafs front office and Keefe are dismissed

You would need somebody to fill in for Keefe until Trotz is ready to take over.

Reactions: PromisedLand

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Hope they win tonight. I'll be watching but really sucks they lost last night. Seemed like the better team. Sucks even more when borge is sitting there.

I don't get why this team can't score more this year. Get your shit together Leafs. They're better than this record.

Leafs weren’t the better team. just look at HDCF% and SF%

think of these as high danger chances forced vs against and shots forced vs against. Leafs had a good 2nd period and that’s it

1668272910874.png

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Alternative explanations:

- decided that Petruzzelli could handle a surprise start better than a prepared start
- they really don't care about managing Kallgren's health

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
So if Kallgren gets injured, Petruzelli, who has never played an NHL game, has to carry the load - as in every start - until Murray is back? Of course, it looks like Murray may be back as early as the next game but if he suffers any setback ...

Keefe is playing with fire here.

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
Alternative explanations:

- decided that Petruzzelli could handle a surprise start better than a prepared start
- they really don't care about managing Kallgren's health
Pertuzzeli mentioned how in practice the team was lighting him up, I wonder if that was cause for concern.

Reactions: PromisedLand

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
The Canucks are 2nd last in the league for goals against, an absolute tirefire. They haven't allowed less than 4 goals in their past 5 games

The offense has a golden chance to get going here

Reactions: Burnie97

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

So Keefe is trying to injure our #4 goalie instead of giving Petruzzelli a chance. Is 3 goalies injured not enough for this coach? Is he trying to make it 4?

Does this make sense to anybody? Why even bother signing him?

They’ll be a few along any minute explaining how this is absolutely the correct move.

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
I cant believe they arent start petruzzeli
Aint this how young New gezoalies learn.... to play in the nhl? Is to start a game and play the first one and then second one.... this is a puzzling decision for surely. And i've invested so much money into our organization and clubs.........

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Aint this how young New gezoalies learn.... to play in the nhl? Is to start a game and play the first one and then second one.... this is a puzzling decision for surely. And i've invested so much money into our organization and clubs.........
It is stupid.. you are biding time until the main guys get back anyway.. the goalies arent on the hook right now

maybe it injects some emotion into this lifeless group - play hard for the kid.. but if they couldnt make life difficult on an ebug then maybe not

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
What I hate about starting Kallgren again is it is a soft, easy decision. A reflection of what we have seen at the worst with this team. The coaching staff are scared to lose. The message here is, sure we are playing a trash team starting a no name goalie, but I still don't think you guys can get it done and elevate your game.

Murray is back next game, who cares if the kid goalie shits himself? It's a chance to show what he has got and a development opportunity for him. It's also a chance for the Leafs to step up and defend hard for this kid and get him a win against a team they SHOULD EASILY BEAT.

This season Keefe has shown cracks. I think internally in private, he doesn't believe these players have what it takes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad