GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs Vs Detroit Red Wings | 7:30PM | Zero Star GDT

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI

Great retort. You’re unbearable.

Everything HIFE said is truth.

But everyone is afraid to say it. Matthews isn’t that much better than Larkin.

Can’t wait for Wings fans to be disappointed when Larkin is putting 80P up while having a good team. We’ll see how much separation there is then.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really

Can’t wait for Wings fans to be disappointed when Larkin is putting 8OP up while having a good team. We’ll see how much separation there is then.
This is just little brother type "me too" reasoning. Larkin is not on Matthews' level. He doesn't have the skillset. It's fine if he's your favorite player, but it doesn't make him the best one just because you like him the most.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
This is just little brother type "me too" reasoning. Larkin is not on Matthews' level. He doesn't have the skillset. It's fine if he's your favorite player, but it doesn't make him the best one just because you like him the most.

He’s not even my favorite player lol. I love him, though.

But it’s astonishing to me how much disrespect he gets.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017

I dont think anyone said he was. The exact quote that started all this was:

As much as people might scoff at this, I think it's very close to being true. In many Wings games this season Larkin has been the best player from both teams. He plays a huge 200 ft game with such passion... I've never seen Matthews take over like that. Sure he can dominate a shift, and has more raw talent and a better shot than Dylan. But Larkin plays bigger and is proving to be the leader the Matthews isn't.

Larkin 6 mil >>> Matthews 12 mil

So for you to respond that Larkin is not on Mattthews level is a little redundant, nobody said this. The closest comment was:

Matthews isn’t that much better than Larkin.

@Fire Ken Holland While I don't necessarily agree with this statement by @KJoe88 , you're clearing making a straw man argument against them.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I dont think anyone said he was. The exact quote that started all this was:

So for you to respond that Larkin is not on Mattthews level is a little redundant, nobody said this. The closest comment was:

@Fire Ken Holland While I don't necessarily agree with this statement by @KJoe88 , you're clearing making a straw man argument against them.
I was responding to this:
As much as people might scoff at this, I think it's very close to being true.
It's not very close to being true. My point stands. You can't just wish a player to superstardom just because he's your guy.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I don't see Larkin get any disrespect at all. You're dreaming.

I’m not dreaming. I’m realistic.

All of the games against the TML Larkin has outplayed and taken over this season. Especially the last two.

Not recognizing Larkin being better and/or showing he can hang is disrespectful. He’s been on par

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
On a plane last night.

Cholowski play any better? His numbers looks like he was sheltered alot.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Auston Matthews looks like he's on the Kessel diet. Smart player with an incredible shot, but I don't know he's much of an athlete. Ah, he'll be fine.

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Didn't mean to cause a ruckus... Matthews is most definitely "better" than Larkin. But, I have an inseparable love with Larkin so my homerism will often shine through.

Reactions: Realgud

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Larkin is not a Mathews level talent, but I haven't seen a player since Stevie with such an undeniable will to get better and win. What is remarkable about Larkin is that he has pretty solid physical tools. Obviously the blazing speed, his strength is getting better, and he has a solid shot. Where he is growing is in determination and vision, which means he really has the ability to just continuously get better. Sort of the opposite of Z lol. Z had great vision and drive but never really had great physical attributes. I really think Larks can be a true number 1, build a team around, kind of center. He'll never be as naturally talented as guys like Mathews and McDavid, but he does have the potential to be very special. I can't wait to see this guy storm into the playoffs in a couple of years.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada

Can’t wait for Wings fans to be disappointed when Larkin is putting 80P up while having a good team. We’ll see how much separation there is then.

I dunno, I love Larkin, the guy is the heart and soul of the team. I would give him the C right now, I'm actually kinda surprised they haven't yet, I guess it will give the team some news in August when it's quiet. I see Larkin as a point per game good 2-way center for many years.

While I also agree that Larkin at 6 mil is better than Matthews at 11 or 12, Matthews has a higher ceiling, and is unquestionably the better player.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Feels good to win against the Leafs. Here in Canada, they talk about half of the sport shows (TSN and Sportsnet) about the Leafs and the other half is all other sports combined.

Feels good to shut them up. :popcorn::thumbu:

Reactions: 14ari13

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
He’s not even my favorite player lol. I love him, though.

But it’s astonishing to me how much disrespect he gets.
Saying Larkin isn't as good as Matthews isn't disrespect. Matthews is an incredible player.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $16,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $250.00