GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs Vs Detroit Red Wings | 7:30PM | Zero Star GDT

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Nyquist is playing with a ton of confidence right now.

Worried about Larkin. It’s going to be tough to watch this team if he’s out. Zero center depth.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Sucks about Larkin. Hope it's not serious.

That said WOOOOO!!! Winning against the Leafs at home and shutting up those obnoxious Leafs fans from Canada never, and I mean never gets old

Reactions: NervousPerson

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Hope DBoss is okay, that injury looked nasty.

Mantha had a really, really good game today even though he didn’t score. Made several good plays on the backcheck.

I thought so too. He’s really rounding out his game. It seems to be coming together for him.

Now if we just had a solid center for him to play with.

KasperTheGrittyGhost

Jan 12, 2008
Michigan
I thought so too. He’s really rounding out his game. It seems to be coming together for him.

Now if we just had a solid center for him to play with.

Have to hope that comes next season, either by signing a guy like Duchene, drafting someone with our first, or Veleno crushing it in camp and making the team.

He reminded me of Blake Wheeler tonight, looking to make plays for everyone on the ice with him. He’s doing a good job of driving play with pretty weak linemates.

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Larkin > Matthews

Tonight, yes. Overall, let's not get carried away. I think the gap may be closer than some general hockey fans think it is based on the Wings being a terrible team, but Larkin is not better than Matthews. That said, and I've said it all year long now, Dylan Larkin is in the conversation for the most underrated player in the NHL.

Reactions: NervousPerson

KasperTheGrittyGhost

Jan 12, 2008
Michigan
Ew no

The only mega free agent they need to go after is Panarin. Pass on everyone else.

Ehh I disagree. Love Panarin, and would very much like to see him here, but there are plenty of good UFAs out there this year. Karlsson, Stone, Panarin, Duchene, Hayes are all great to good players.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Larkin > Matthews

As much as people might scoff at this, I think it's very close to being true. In many Wings games this season Larkin has been the best player from both teams. He plays a huge 200 ft game with such passion... I've never seen Matthews take over like that. Sure he can dominate a shift, and has more raw talent and a better shot than Dylan. But Larkin plays bigger and is proving to be the leader the Matthews isn't.

Larkin 6 mil >>> Matthews 12 mil

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
As much as people might scoff at this, I think it's very close to being true. In many Wings games this season Larkin has been the best player from both teams. He plays a huge 200 ft game with such passion... I've never seen Matthews take over like that. Sure he can dominate a shift, and has more raw talent and a better shot than Dylan. But Larkin plays bigger and is proving to be the leader the Matthews isn't.

No

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI

I agree completely

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->