GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs Vs Detroit Red Wings | 7:30PM | Zero Star GDT

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I’m not dreaming. I’m realistic.

All of the games against the TML Larkin has outplayed and taken over this season. Especially the last two.

Not recognizing Larkin being better and/or showing he can hang is disrespectful. He’s been on par

Well Matthews has lead the league in even strength goal scoring since he joined. He is a phenomenal talent and in my opinion the second best player in the league behind McDavid now right there with Kucherov and Johnny Hockey.

Larkin has had a big year, that we can even begin to discuss him with the luminaries of the game is a testament to what he has become. I want to root for a Detroit Red Wings team where he is our captain and heart and soul player, he has made me not only feel okay with it as Zetterberg stepped away but actually excited for a future where he leads us to playoff glory. I believe he is a #1C, I think he will be the #3C for Team USA and wear a letter at the next Olympics in China. I don't really want to limit him but for me I don't ever see Larkin becoming a top 5 player in the league. But, hey that is what fuels Larkin and he is a pleasure to have on the team and around the community. We are lucky to have him and I look forward to what he can do when we surround him with more talent. But not ready to make the case for him with some of these superstar guys but we can actually ask the question is Larkin bordering on becoming one. This represents the kind of homerun we need in the rebuild, now we need 3 or 4 more big dominoes, but it is nice to have one part of the foundation sturdy, the Captain and leader part too is a big foundation piece.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Umm, I wasn't able to watch the game last night and just realized that not only was Dekeyser on the ice for 3 on 3, but won the game with a play at the net. o_O

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I remember he had one last year, but it was like of someone's leg or something. Very fluky.
Oh! I wasn't trying to make a point about it, but I had a strong feeling it hadn't happened often. I think he's doing pretty well since coming back. If I was going anywhere with my statement about not remembering him scoring another overtime winner, it was in that direction.

Reactions: kliq

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Reactions: DetroitRed

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I'd rather Larkin @ $6 million than Matthews at $10-12 million. The type of player Larkin is, with his 200 foot game, leadership, and shear determination, I like him as the guy to put a team on his back and rally for cups over the $12 million dollar Matthews guy.

TML are digging themselves a cap hole. And if Marner gets an offersheet... then whew-weeee, it'll be an epic shart-storm. And fun to watch!

Reactions: Ulysses31

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I'd rather Larkin @ $6 million than Matthews at $10-12 million. The type of player Larkin is, with his 200 foot game, leadership, and shear determination, I like him as the guy to put a team on his back and rally for cups over the $12 million dollar Matthews guy.

TML are digging themselves a cap hole. And if Marner gets an offersheet... then whew-weeee, it'll be an epic shart-storm. And fun to watch!

Only if you actually do something with the extra $4-5 million. Paying a guy like Abdelkader $4 million isn't worth the cap space savings. That said, once his contract is up, Larkin will be a $10 million player, maybe more.

No team has won a Cup with multiplayer players making over $10 million. The Leafs will likely have three of them next season.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Only if you actually do something with the extra $4-5 million. Paying a guy like Abdelkader $4 million isn't worth the cap space savings. That said, once his contract is up, Larkin will be a $10 million player, maybe more.

No team has won a Cup with multiplayer players making over $10 million. The Leafs will likely have three of them next season.
Caps won last year with 2 $10M players, the cap hits for Ovy and Kuz combine for $17.3 though. They have 3 now with Carlson's new contract. (Cap hit of $8M.)

... and I personally want Matthews AND Larkin. How awesome would that be to watch? Get rid of the Abdelkader, Helm, DDK, Kronwall, and Erickson contracts. Sign a couple of wingers. Who needs D? Sign Boudreau as coach and go full run and gun, lol.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Caps won last year with 2 $10M players, the cap hits for Ovy and Kuz combine for $17.3 though. They have 3 now with Carlson's new contract. (Cap hit of $8M.)

... and I personally want Matthews AND Larkin. How awesome would that be to watch? Get rid of the Abdelkader, Helm, DDK, Kronwall, and Erickson contracts. Sign a couple of wingers. Who needs D? Sign Boudreau as coach and go full run and gun, lol.

Sounds like fun, albeit, losing hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->