GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs Vs Detroit Red Wings | 7:30PM | Zero Star GDT

Discussion in 'Detroit Red Wings' started by hangman005, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Flowah

Flowah Registered User

He's one of the faster skaters I've seen. He must be using his mass in some unknown black magic way.

2. waltdetroit

waltdetroit Registered User

dark matter

3. The Zetterberg Era

The Zetterberg Era The Captain is Home!

Well Matthews has lead the league in even strength goal scoring since he joined. He is a phenomenal talent and in my opinion the second best player in the league behind McDavid now right there with Kucherov and Johnny Hockey.

Larkin has had a big year, that we can even begin to discuss him with the luminaries of the game is a testament to what he has become. I want to root for a Detroit Red Wings team where he is our captain and heart and soul player, he has made me not only feel okay with it as Zetterberg stepped away but actually excited for a future where he leads us to playoff glory. I believe he is a #1C, I think he will be the #3C for Team USA and wear a letter at the next Olympics in China. I don't really want to limit him but for me I don't ever see Larkin becoming a top 5 player in the league. But, hey that is what fuels Larkin and he is a pleasure to have on the team and around the community. We are lucky to have him and I look forward to what he can do when we surround him with more talent. But not ready to make the case for him with some of these superstar guys but we can actually ask the question is Larkin bordering on becoming one. This represents the kind of homerun we need in the rebuild, now we need 3 or 4 more big dominoes, but it is nice to have one part of the foundation sturdy, the Captain and leader part too is a big foundation piece.

4. Lazlo Hollyfeld

Lazlo Hollyfeld Pitter Patter

Umm, I wasn't able to watch the game last night and just realized that not only was Dekeyser on the ice for 3 on 3, but won the game with a play at the net. o_O

5. Bench

Bench Orange Safety Mesh

That open ice gives The Noodle room to wiggle.

6. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Crashes the Crease

Oh! I wasn't trying to make a point about it, but I had a strong feeling it hadn't happened often. I think he's doing pretty well since coming back. If I was going anywhere with my statement about not remembering him scoring another overtime winner, it was in that direction.

kliq likes this.
  7. waltdetroit

waltdetroit Registered User

The pre-game radio said Dekeyser is tied for most OT goals by a DRW "D" with 4

DetroitRed likes this.
  8. Dotter

Dotter life feels like a test I didn’t study for

Home Page:
    I'd rather Larkin @ $6 million than Matthews at $10-12 million. The type of player Larkin is, with his 200 foot game, leadership, and shear determination, I like him as the guy to put a team on his back and rally for cups over the $12 million dollar Matthews guy.

TML are digging themselves a cap hole. And if Marner gets an offersheet... then whew-weeee, it'll be an epic shart-storm. And fun to watch!

Ulysses31 likes this.
  9. Claypool

Claypool Registered User

Only if you actually do something with the extra $4-5 million. Paying a guy like Abdelkader $4 million isn't worth the cap space savings. That said, once his contract is up, Larkin will be a $10 million player, maybe more.

No team has won a Cup with multiplayer players making over $10 million. The Leafs will likely have three of them next season.

10. mantha39

mantha39 Welcome home Captain

Get Stone plz

Then offer sheet someone

Then do something

Then win cups

11. Gniwder

Gniwder Registered User

Caps won last year with 2 $10M players, the cap hits for Ovy and Kuz combine for $17.3 though. They have 3 now with Carlson's new contract. (Cap hit of $8M.)

... and I personally want Matthews AND Larkin. How awesome would that be to watch? Get rid of the Abdelkader, Helm, DDK, Kronwall, and Erickson contracts. Sign a couple of wingers. Who needs D? Sign Boudreau as coach and go full run and gun, lol.

12. Dotter

Dotter life feels like a test I didn’t study for

Home Page:
    Sounds like fun, albeit, losing hockey.