Post-Game Talk: Toronto loses to Blues. But we still gangsta.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
LTIR seems like the option they'd explore to me before waiving an NMC, unless we have a bomb out year and become sellers.

Yeah, LTIR also works. Start sending him those brochures of ocean front property on Robidas Island.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Tavares is looking like a mediocre 2C on a contender. Head to head with high end 2Cs on other contenders recently, Staal and O’Reilly come to mind, and he’s been completely dominated.

Muzzin continues to be a disaster, if not for his name and reputation he’d have been raked over the coals all season. At best he’s been Bogosiwn type of tough 3rd pair guy who can kill penalties but needs sheltered at ES.

We’re paying 16.5 million for a 1C and #2D and getting a 2/3C and 5/6D.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
We could have won this game…
-with a competent goalie
-three defencemen not named Liljegren, Muzzin or Holl
-first line that showed up
-someone other than Tavares as 2C
-competent reffing

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Need to start playing Mrazek more maybe they can light a fire under Campbell

I think they just hot potato the net for a while. Both seem like a wild card on any given night and don’t inspire a ton of confidence.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
We lost to a good team.

We just needed to be better. We hung with them well enough.

Playoffs are best of 7, and you don’t expect to sweep.

On to the next.

No issue with losing, it's more the concern of how it came to be. We are a really soft 1v1 team, especially below the goal line and along the boards; a few exceptions in Matthews, Marner and Nylander and sometimes Rielly, but the rest are losing almost all one on one puck battles.

I thought the offence was fine, Husso played well. I thought the forwards were puck watching in the D zone.

We are a physically weak on the puck team and its going to be a problem in the playoffs if the team doesn't bear down and stop cheating.

I also find there is a pause between 'plays' for our entire team where the Blues just flow into the next play and we are chasing.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
There’s only 3 years left with the real dollars being pretty darn low. He’d be an easy move, with positive assets coming back too. He’s still ppg

He might be more likely to end up on Robidas island than be traded imo... We still have that right?

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
We’re going to have trouble against these big teams in the playoffs unless we trade for two tough gritty dmen.

The only way we win a round without a trade like that is if Campbell plays lights out. Our offence has trouble against teams that play the way the Blues play and have great goaltending.​

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
There’s only 3 years left with the real dollars being pretty darn low. He’d be an easy move, with positive assets coming back too. He’s still ppg

I think the bonus structure will probably deter most teams from taking it on. So we would be fighting an uphill battle to trade him. But maybe LTIR could be a legit option in a year or two if there are health reasons why he’s declining.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Wholeheartedly agree.

Tavares is not a force. His skating is so horrendous he’s never in a position to generate meaningful possession. You always see him chasing the play but he never feels like he’s truly in it.

He posts points but does so ridiculously quietly.

He needs someone with him that can slow the game down enough for him to keep up.
Worst contract in the league and basically buyout proof. Could sure use that $11M to build a complete lineup.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Refs couldn't get the job done last game against the Penguins but they got their revenge tonight. We got jobbed hard on this one.

Almost seems like refs are trying to slow Leafs down on purpose to allow the teams behind them to catch up.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
He might be more likely to end up on Robidas island than be traded imo... We still have that right?
Oh I don’t think either would happen, he’s still important to this teans success. I was just commenting on the statement the poster I quoted made about not finding any takers regardless of nmc status.

Reactions: wingman75

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Worst contract in the league and basically buyout proof. Could sure use that $11M to build a complete lineup.

To be fair he’s been productive on the whole. But he’s looked nowhere near worth his contract lately and if he can’t bring it in the playoffs then we are screwed

Reactions: Ports

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad