Post-Game Talk: Toronto loses to Blues. But we still gangsta.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
5th goal was pretty bad by Campbell. That tip doesn't excuse it. Positioning for the initial shot was terrible.

I still can't figure out whose man that was on the 4th goal. The one who came to the right of Lil (from Lils perspective, not ours). What I do know is that Lil and Campbell were left out to dry on it. Yikes

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
JT's longest goal slump of the season but he's still at a PPG pace .. hard to get upset about his foot speed, it was always going to happen from day 1 when the contract signed but he's still performing at a strong enough level right now.

Besides I'm happy if he sits in neutral for a stretch and ramps it up for playoff time.

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
JT must be hurt... he looks even slower than usual, his stride is dog shit and he has the edge work of a zamboni right now. not himself out there

Reactions: aingefan

makbeer

Sep 28, 2006
Jack-yll and Hyde show continues…horrific start with two brutal goals and looked bad all night swimming in the crease and chasing the play.

Reactions: Gallagbi

Scion

May 25, 2012
I honestly don't know how you pin this one on Campbell. The defense did not give him a chance tonight. Not many goalies are saving second chance opportunities from point-blank range. The Leafs need to protect the middle of the ice better.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Side question, how did Ho Sang look in the Olympics?

Meh.

Had some good moments, mostly looked invisible. Few times he made some bad mistakes.

Pretty much the same as what you see with the Marlies, and 100% not a guy who is an NHLer on any high caliber team. He has skill so I guess he could explode at any time, but those guys come along all of the time, and there are many who are more multi-dimensional than he is.

I can see him having a long and very lucrative career in the KHL though. Can't sneeze at that.

Reactions: mobilus

Buzzman17

Apr 13, 2017
My biggest concern on this team is becoming tavares. It's crazy how he puts up numbers but fails the eye test so hard sometimes. He looks too slow to keeMy biggest concern on this team is becoming tavares. It's crazy how he puts up numbers but fails the eye test so hard sometimes. He looks too slow to keep up.
He will be a good third line center for us when he resigns at lower cap hit. Hopefully 5 million or less.

griffon1

Feb 14, 2018
Adrift at sea
Don't think the overall team play was too bad.

Nice to see Nylander score twice but he sort of disappeared after.

Holl looked decent again. Lilly, on the other hand was awful.

Jack stunk too.

We can't win win with a dman giving up these chances and weak goaltending.

Reactions: ToneDog

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Tavares is looking like a mediocre 2C on a contender. Head to head with high end 2Cs on other contenders recently, Staal and O’Reilly come to mind, and he’s been completely dominated.

Muzzin continues to be a disaster, if not for his name and reputation he’d have been raked over the coals all season. At best he’s been Bogosiwn type of tough 3rd pair guy who can kill penalties but needs sheltered at ES.

We’re paying 16.5 million for a 1C and #2D and getting a 2/3C and 5/6D.
We got Dubas, he will fix things
Lol

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
we struggle against heavy teams and unfortunately Binnington wasn't between the pipes to bail us out this time . lol

enough with JT at C , he can't keep up and he's starting too cheat again defensively by sliding up high in our end to blow the zone early so he doesn't get left behind like he did on Willies second goal

throw pajama boy on AM's wing and let him vulture around the opposing net which is pretty much all he can do anymore and let AM/MM cover the rest of the ice

build a 2nd line around Wille so he can play a speed game rather than always waiting on Johnny boy to finally catch up

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
The defence as constructed sure looks a huge question mark for a serious cup run. How good does a Bogo look right now?

Reactions: ShaneFalco

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Blues look playoff ready with their heavy style of play - they own us at home.

I'd be less optimistic of our post-season chances if TB or FLA played that way, but they don't, so there is still hope if we can get our heads out our asses and Jack returns to form.

Husso was unreal last night when the game was still within reach.

Brad C

Jul 12, 2021
Yup, I agree with you. Not playing with the same intensity before he got COVID
He started the year good,was it in Hope's to go to Olympics.

I am not 100% sure on time line I think his play suffered after Olympics where canceled for NHL and before his Covid

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
5th goal was pretty bad by Campbell. That tip doesn't excuse it. Positioning for the initial shot was terrible.

I still can't figure out whose man that was on the 4th goal. The one who came to the right of Lil (from Lils perspective, not ours). What I do know is that Lil and Campbell were left out to dry on it. Yikes

4th goal was liljegren fault with an indivial play on neutral zone with perron just stole him easyly the puck and created a kind of chaos defensivly for toronto.

Reactions: griffon1

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
4th goal was liljegren fault with an indivial play on neutral zone with perron just stole him easyly the puck and created a kind of chaos defensivly for toronto.

yes we get it, you’re harping on Liljegren all over the board. He had a bad shift

Reactions: Racer88

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Only watched the condense game so don't know how the non-events played out.

The events showed the Blues just outplayed the Leafs.

I said several weeks ago if they're still playing over .700 at the trade deadline using an asset or two should be in the cards.

I'm not sure the movement of Ritchie impacts deadline day.

Nice to see Nylander hit his spot a couple of times.

Last edited:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Not sure which goal it was, but Muzzin out holding some guys stick in the face-off circle while Liljegren is trying to cover two men. Saad's goal, poor decision making by Muzzin.
Muzzin chased his man up the boards and accomplished nothing.
Nice pass by Campbell on the first goal of the game.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad