Post-Game Talk: Toronto loses to Blues. But we still gangsta.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Defencemen soft as f***, all the Blues did was play straight ahead and heavy. The number of direct chances off turnovers by our D was astronomical. Forward coverage in the D zone was almost as soft as the D.

Will not win in the playoffs if we lose so many one on one puck battles in such an easy fashion.

If Campbell has to play every game like he did vs Pit we're not as good as we want us to be. We literally shit chances against.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Goals #1 and #5 can't go in 2 more bad goals by Jack and you know what? If it was just goal #1 which was an awful rebound I wouldn't have blamed him because the defense was not it's best but then the 5th goal beat him and so it's another bad performance.

I don't know where old Jack went but we need him back.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Well that sucked. Muzzin beclowned himself. Dude just straight up did not play defense. Weird how everyone who plays with him this season all of a sudden is worse. Campbell again not making nearly enough saves. The forwards' lack of back checking directly caused 2 goals against. It would be cool if NHL refs and the world's biggest attention whores were not the same people.

Reactions: wingman75

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
My biggest concern on this team is becoming tavares. It's crazy how he puts up numbers but fails the eye test so hard sometimes. He looks too slow to keeMy biggest concern on this team is becoming tavares. It's crazy how he puts up numbers but fails the eye test so hard sometimes. He looks too slow to keep up.

He has a real way of putting up points and hiding his dreadful 5 on 5 play, skating and puck handling. You don’t really see him ever grab a puck somewhere and make a commanding, coherent play. It’s always a muck fest like he’s chasing after a bouncing ball. I guess you can say he’s finding ways to help the team even when things aren’t going well. But we need him to heat up.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Husso was airtight.

Few players in this league as insufferable as Krug, fake tough guy. Wouldn't try even half the stuff he does out there if he were on a New Jersey or Buffalo.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Jack wasn’t good.

But the whole team wasn’t either.

We put on pressure at times but didn’t really look dangerous. A couple of rush goals and a good shot from the point, but not many things to like here.

Need a spark in the lineup from the bottom six. Didn’t really thing much of Mikheyev and Engvall tonight. Kase seems like he could be in a better position to produce but needs a more talented centre.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Neither team looked great tonight. Both broke down, both made too many mistakes, we didn't finish ours and they did.

Not sure anyone had a particularly good night for us. Maybe thr fourth line + Kase.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
A few thoughts:
*Shout out to our 4th line, the best I've seen them play in quite some time.
*Mikheyev and Engvall are essentially the same player. One is fine, two isn't. I'd move one before the deadline.
*St. Louis is a good team, and much like Calgary their size helps them against us when we don't have players who will push back.
*Other than his gaffe that led to their 4th, Liljegren is playing well.
*Morgan is such a handful when he jumps into the rush, and he's playing a harder game these days.
*I like our team, I think there's a lot of fine players who make us dangerous against any team in the league, but we need some jam. I hope Kyle feels the same.

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
It's rather difficult to make it to OT or win when your goaltender lets in five goals. Campbell continues to regress and that's disappointing to see.

Lilijgren hasn't impressed me at all. He's prone to make big time mistakes that cost us a goal in the back of the net. His giveaway eventually led to the Blues making it 4 to 3 and then it was game over by then. Garbage reffing helped that cause because it should've been a powerplay for the Leafs on that blatant missed too many men on the ice call.

This team isn't doing jack shit in the playoffs, they don't have the goaltending or defense for it... they... really don't. Not against Tampa, Florida or Boston. They're toast.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Blues played a great road game and we were loose defensively. Tavares was a non-factor and seemed like he was skating on sand.

Not a good night overall. Flush this one away. On to the next.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad