Rumor: Toronto 'kicking tires on Redden' (EDIT - Signed with Blues)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
By screwed over, you of course mean every penny he was owed, he got paid, even though he was playing in an inferior league.

Yes. Demoted and devaluing himself for his next contract.

Imaging being in his shoes when negotiating.

"Oh no, Sather is offering me so much money...maybe I should ask for less so I don't get buried in the minors if I don't live up to it!?"

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
By screwed over, you of course mean every penny he was owed, he got paid, even though he was playing in an inferior league.

Well it all depends on how you look at it. For example just before the lockout began New York decided not to assign his contract to the AHL. I guess they were going to let him play in the NHL afterall.:sarcasm:

Dr Turk

Jul 4, 2008
Toronto
I'm just not sure where he fits, unless the Leafs plan to stock defenseman and hope to take advantage of the trade market.

(Not lines, just throwing names out)

Carl Gunnarsson - Dion Phaneuf
Jake Gardiner (INJ) - Cody Franson
John Michael Liles - Mike Komisarek
Morgan Rielly - Mike Kostka
Mark Fraser - Korbinian Holzer
Wade Redden

That's a lot of names in the mix currently. Not to mention another NHL experience player on the farm in Mike Mottau.

I would play anyone in your top 4 lines listed over Redden. Give a guy who's actually earned the spot a chance like Kostka.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I don't really mind, it's about on par with the Mike Mottau signing anyway.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Yes. Demoted and devaluing himself for his next contract.

Imaging being in his shoes when negotiating.

"Oh no, Sather is offering me so much money...maybe I should ask for less so I don't get buried in the minors if I don't live up to it!?"

Ha!! "Sather is offering so much money". It was more the agent asking for the sky, and negotiated down. It's his fault for sucking the big one and getting stuck in the minors. But he still got paid same as if he'd play in the NHL, so no skin off his nose. Actually played against inferior and younger talent, didn't have to try as hard to not get killed by guys like Lucic.

Toasterman

Jul 23, 2010
If Nonis is a genius and everything Burke isn't, this must be a great move if it's something he's considering. Clearly, Burke would never have had the guts to go for Redden but, man, that Nonis, he's light years beyond Burke in his creativity and thinking.

If the Leafs do this, then Nonis will clearly be the garbage man people are calling him, but not for the current reasons they are saying it.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Ha!! "Sather is offering so much money". It was more the agent asking for the sky, and negotiated down. It's his fault for sucking the big one and getting stuck in the minors. But he still got paid same as if he'd play in the NHL, so no skin off his nose. Actually played against inferior and younger talent, didn't have to try as hard to not get killed by guys like Lucic.

You think Redden regrets playing so well prior to rightfully signing that huge contract since it has impacted his ability to make more in the future?

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
If Nonis is a genius and everything Burke isn't, this must be a great move if it's something he's considering. Clearly, Burke would never have had the guts to go for Redden but, man, that Nonis, he's light years beyond Burke in his creativity and thinking.

If the Leafs do this, then Nonis will clearly be the garbage man people are calling him, but not for the current reasons they are saying it.

He's a free wallet, Burke liked those. If he doesn't work out he didn't cost us any picks or players.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Kinda intriguing. Not sold on the idea, but not exactly against it either.

Who cares at this this point, these guys at MLSE smoke cigars and "ya ya ya redden good name lets do that, so anyways I was up in Muskoka out on my boat the other day" there way through managing this team.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
The last time I saw Redden regularly was when he was with the Senators, and he was great for that team. Unfortunately that was a long time ago.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
No. Who's the last free agent pick up defenceman that actually worked out for us?

Beauchemin.
lupul.jpg
gardiner_jake_leafs640_640.jpg

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Why would we do this? We're clearing roster spots for the young guys to play then we sign a guy who can't even make the Rangers? Doesn't make sense when we have extra d men as it is.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Who cares at this this point, these guys at MLSE smoke cigars and "ya ya ya redden good name lets do that, so anyways I was up in Muskoka out on my boat the other day" there way through managing this team.

Hahaha. :laugh::laugh:

I think it's a free wallet and if it happens im cool with it. Makes no sense, but i'd do it. On the other hand It probably wont happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad