Rumor: Toronto 'kicking tires on Redden' (EDIT - Signed with Blues)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
As per Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

"Multiple teams considering options on both. LA, STL, TOR, FLA among those kicking tires on Redden,"

Surprised, I don't know why or what he'd contribute to the Leafs. Don't really need him imo. Something small. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
As per Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

"Multiple teams considering options on both. LA, STL, TOR, FLA among those kicking tires on Redden,"

Surprised, I don't know why or what he'd contribute to the Leafs. Don't really need him imo. Something small. Thoughts?

Ditch Komisarek and I have no problem at all with replacing that contract with Redden's new one.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
I'd only offer a one year deal. But this defeats the purpose of clearing space for the kids .. So this could take spots away from Komi, Franson maybe Reilly..Fraser.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Gardiner is not 100%. Plus Redden was an amazing skater...maybe he was just lazy playing in the AHL and a good year in the NHL could give him another 2-3 years in the league.

Defense

Oct 27, 2009
No. Who's the last free agent pick up defenceman that actually worked out for us?

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
I'm just not sure where he fits, unless the Leafs plan to stock defenseman and hope to take advantage of the trade market.

(Not lines, just throwing names out)

Carl Gunnarsson - Dion Phaneuf
Jake Gardiner (INJ) - Cody Franson
John Michael Liles - Mike Komisarek
Morgan Rielly - Mike Kostka
Mark Fraser - Korbinian Holzer
Wade Redden

That's a lot of names in the mix currently. Not to mention another NHL experience player on the farm in Mike Mottau.

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
He is an upgrade on Komisarek, if still in shape. If Komi is out and it is 1 year only, I am okay with it.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
He is an upgrade on Komisarek, if still in shape. If Komi is out and it is 1 year only, I am okay with it.

I'll agree. I think it's important that Redden isn't THAT bad so much as he was stupidly overpaid. I'd take a 48 game flyer on him.

Loving your username by the way :D

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
He's really not that bad of a defenseman, just nowhere near 6.5M or whatever he was paid.

I'd be interested in him for close to the league minimum for the year. He would be a bargain at that price and he'll likely work his butt off for a contract next year.

At this point, is he better than Kostka, Fraser or whoever else will be the #7 or #8 guy? Can he bring more to the table? I think he can.

I doubt he'll sign here though because we have a bit of decent depth. Doesn't make much sense. We are probably not that good of a fit for him either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad