Pre-Game Talk: Toronto in Arizona | November 21st

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Tyson Barrie and Morgan Rielly saw a couple shifts together towards the end of the Vegas game. Friedman said the Leafs outshot Vegas 7-0 during the time Barrie and Rielly were paired together.

I just don’t see what we have to lose with pairing them together for a few games.

Rielly and Ceci have been a very poor pairing.

This sounds like an adjustment or change, something that Mike Babcock doesn't believe in.

If anything he will sit on Rielly - Ceci for 25 games despite it not working out and people clamoring for a Rielly Barrie pairing. Then he will make it happen for like 5 minutes in a game until they make a single mistake and use that as a "see, told you so" moment and revert.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Tyson Barrie and Morgan Rielly saw a couple shifts together towards the end of the Vegas game. Friedman said the Leafs outshot Vegas 7-0 during the time Barrie and Rielly were paired together.

I just don’t see what we have to lose with pairing them together for a few games.

Your asking Mike Babcock to bet on someone other than Mike Babcock. Clearly your not a gambler. You don't get out in the 1st round each of the last 6 years by betting on someone other than Mike Babcock.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I gotta hope for the best and a win at last but .... reality sets in and Zona has a great lock system in place now. Can't see Leafs system working at all. Only hope is Matty and Freddy do it by themselves. Matty pots a couple and Freddy posts a shutout. But we really need a freddy shutout.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC

Apart from that one big blunder I thought that Barrie played a solid game compared to what he has been dishing out lately.

Reactions: ktownhockey

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Just anything man. Put Barrie on the first PP as well while we're at it. It's not doing well, might as well switch it up.

Reactions: Cams and stickty111

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
DyqSKoaX4AATc2G.jpg

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

And as I've said before, it's a win-win to get Barrie going. His trade value will increase and/or he'll help to start to turn things around
But Mike has a thing with adjusting

BeLeafInTheFuture

Jul 4, 2018
Scotland
Both Kuemper and Raanta playing pretty well right now, going to be a tough night tomorrow for our boys. Hoping we win, but can't see it with this roster right now.

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
I'll find it once I have access to my phone, but stats show tomorrow will be especially difficult.

Teams have a HORRIBLE record in the game after playing in Vegas....like shockingly horrible. Leafs have their work cut out for them.

Will post the exact (or exact as of a few weeks ago) record when I can.

Calgary continued the trend last night.

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
It's a win / win game for us. If we win we are still in the playoff hunt. If we lose it might just be what is needed to get Babcock fired. :oops:

67leafs

Oct 17, 2019
i say the leafs beat the yotes
even though they lost to vegas it honestly looked like they turned a bit of a corner

if you take the barrie giveaway away leafs would have gotten 2 points imo

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Hyman Matthews Nylander
Johnsson Tavares Kapanen
Mikheyev Kerfoot Spezza
Engvall Gauthier Petan

Rielly Dermott
Muzzin Barrie
Ceci Holl

Status
Not open for further replies.