Confirmed with Link: Toronto gets Campbell and Clifford for Moore, and 2 3rds (Big Win for Leafs - TSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
we have two different philosophies. I rather have a guy who’s going to stick up for his teammates and play with edge than a soft team.

And I think he was unfairly blamed for us losing the series both times. Babcock didn’t play our stars enough.

We needed Kadri as that 3C heavy Center attack we boasted for 2 years. We saw the potential, we knew OF the potential. But we also didnt get it.

We saw our alleged 3C, old 2C in Kadri miss passes, messup plays, hit posts 80% of the time, and was a step behind every play and he also did not handle Bostons lineup well either. We brought in Pleks and got Tavares for that. Both seasons early removal.

Sadly,
He is the exact type of player the Leafs need MOST. A gritty skilled player who sticks up for his teammates and can be a pest.

Even more sad...is this.
I think under Keefe he wouldve excelled, as all Leafs other than Reilly have been showing. Hindsights 20/20 but Kadri has the better skating and we couldve used him at 2C at times when Tavares is a tad slower despite much more well rounded in this System.

Crappiest part is...
I dont think as a Leaf he wouldve had the same successful season as his debut with Colorado.
I also know that with the NHL Bettman parity, small market BS reffing, Kadri gets unfairly blamed for crap and another high stakes game he will also get a BS Punishment. No other player got an entire series suspension in the PLAYOFFS but the LEAFS.
If he does the same thing in Colorado, watch, a 5 minute major tops.

Just my 2 cents.

Go Leafs!!!!

Reactions: francis246

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
1493579668_dean-winchester-crying.gif

Nathan Beaulieu bullied 5'10 Brendan Leipsic earlier that game trying to act tough then a couple shifts later Clifford beat the snot out of him.\

If you guys need a scouting report on Clifford lmk, he's been my favorite player the last 10 years.

LIKE x 1,000,000

He will feel the love here, believe me.

Cheers,

:cheers:

Reactions: mclaren55

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
The real question is, "Who was responsible for Sparks and Hutchinson being there in the first place?" Now everyone is doing cartwheels because Dubas is trying to extricate himself from the mess he created. I, for one, will be happy when he actually does something to improve upon the 105 point team we had 2 years ago. Until then, colour me skeptical.

I yield the rest of my time.

I disagree, but I respect your opinion. We'll see what the playoffs bring and if we can do some damage. And yes, we will make the playoffs.

Reactions: killer1980

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
The big difference between Dubas and Lou, it seems Dubas shys away from pending UFAs around the deadline. These deals at least cover the next couple of seasons (in the case of Campbell here)

We could really use Lou and Plekanec right now.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Congrats on acquiring Cliffy and Soup. While likely a fourth-liner on a good team, Kyle has substantially improved his skating over the past few years and oozes character and grit. You guys will love him, as well as Soup. I'll miss them both.
We now have two soups.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
We definitely need picks, it's just that we needed a backup goalie and a guy like Clifford more IMO. We still have a lot of picks and most importantly, we still have our top prospects.

Very important piece. How many HF Board posters talked about all the pieces we'd have to give up to manoeuvre this or that or even recently to land a backup G? Are we perfect? No but we still have Sandin, Liljegren, Robertson, Kapanen, Johnsson etc. Lots of chips to play.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
No, Lou made bad decisions when he was here. Extending Zaitsev long term and giving Martin big money to playing on the 4th line are bad decisions.

Other than drafting Matthews first overall, which any other GM would have done, what exactly did he do?

The one great move he deserves credit for is Andersen. To a lesser extent Phaneuf.

goleafsgo1990

Feb 7, 2012
So the Leafs are middle of the pack in expected goals against while Keefe has been the coach yet they are 24th in goals against per game during this time. Since xGA takes into account the percentage of likelihood of a goal depending on shot location, shot type, etc., then yeah, the goalie has actually been a pretty big factor for worse.

Carry Price circa 2014 couldn’t save this defence. People are missing the point. Of course some of it’s on the goalies but you can’t deny our defence is incredibly porous and no goalie we have or could have will be able to consistently bail us out when they’re constantly facing high shot volumes and high danger chances every game.

Our defence is hot garbage and there is no argument.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Don’t need stats to see what’s obvious..They only tell part of the story. If stats were everything the Leafs would be much higher in the standings. There’s a big difference between a team on paper (projecting stats) vs the eye test and how they actually perform in real life.

We’re also seeing how things are turning out for a GM who seems to use nothing but stats rather than common sense and logic..

You stat-wh0res are also so god damn arrogant thinking you have some sort of secrets to the universe of hockey that no one else understands..It’s funny and pathetic because it hardly ever matches reality. You guys do you though..The rest of us will consider all the variables rather than the biased ones furthering bullsh*t opinions.

You know who you are and can’t wait for your colourful responses explaining to me how wrong I apparently am about reality. Knock your socks off.

Great response to someone letting you know there's a website with useful info :laugh:

Can't imagine how much you hate seeing more and more NHL teams use analytics in their judgement, and your favorite team leading the way :sarcasm:

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
I believe Clifford will give this team a very badly needed swagger. Hopefully, it'll be like when Martin took Marner under his wing. We've finally got a guardian kind of player we've been missing. Heard he's good in the room. Doesn't hurt he's got 2 cup rings as well.
He had 6 majors last year and 3 this year, think. Not to be morbid or sound like I crave violence, but, the sooner he drops his gloves, the sooner our team starts feeling better in a 'certain kind of way' - a positive kind of way, as well.

Is what I think kind of....
I crave violence when the other team runs our goalie or one of our stars and the rest of the team does nothing.

A guy like Clifford has been needed for quite a while.

goleafsgo1990

Feb 7, 2012
Great response to someone letting you know there's a website with useful info :laugh:

Can't imagine how much you hate seeing more and more NHL teams use analytics in their judgement, and your favorite team leading the way :sarcasm:

Well I mean you were being sarcastic so you got an appropriate response. Also don’t take it personal, it was more directed at others than you.

I have no issues with using stats because of course they do tell a lot but when you over-prioritize them to the point where all other important factors are ignored, it becomes a problem and we’re seeing it unfold on our team this season.

I hope Dubas is finally waking up.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Don’t need stats to see what’s obvious..They only tell part of the story. If stats were everything the Leafs would be much higher in the standings. There’s a big difference between a team on paper (projecting stats) vs the eye test and how they actually perform in real life.

We’re also seeing how things are turning out for a GM who seems to use nothing but stats rather than common sense and logic..

You stat-wh0res are also so god damn arrogant thinking you have some sort of secrets to the universe of hockey that no one else understands..It’s funny and pathetic because it hardly ever matches reality. You guys do you though..The rest of us will consider all the variables rather than the biased ones furthering bullsh*t opinions.

You know who you are and can’t wait for your colourful responses explaining to me how wrong I apparently am about reality. Knock your socks off.
You think Dubas used analytics to bring in Clifford? Is there a stat for face punching?

Dubas saw a need, and he filled.

Reactions: LeafingTheWay

goleafsgo1990

Feb 7, 2012
You think Dubas used analytics to bring in Clifford? Is there a stat for face punching?

Dubas saw a need, and he filled.

EXACTLY, only when his back was up against the wall and being in desperation mode he concedes to grabbing some grit. He has no choice or he’s gonna lose his job. Thank the lord..Just hope we can somehow still make the playoffs.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

The difference between us and you is that we recognize Dubas doesnt rely only on stats. We also dont have as colourful a vocabulary. Youre not wrong because of your opinion, youre wrong because of your immature delivery.

Reactions: LeafingTheWay
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad