Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Edmonton SAT FEB 27 @ 7:00 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
????? did you quote the wrong post? Where did you get any of that from what is written?
If he was actually gonna play tomorrow, then he would be practicing. They arent gonna rush our best player. They will be very protective.

Then comparing to the previous day to day injuries this week.....he will miss monday as well. Then it comes down to if you want him playing back to back games....probably not so I am guessing thursday.

Hope i am wrong and he is playing tomorrow but if he couldnt take a faceoff last game then its not great....

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Time for the team captain Tavares to step up.

A meaningful game against a team catching up on first and with Matthews out he's got The Player Voted Most Likely to Pad His Linemates' Stats, Marner of course, on his wing. No excuses now.

Matthews plays Saturday against the Oilers. 100%. No point in letting him practice yesterday and today. I fully expect him to skate in the morning skate tomorrow and play tomorrow. I also expect Muzzin and Campbell to suit up. Campbell will probably be the backup with Hutch playing.

Reactions: zeke

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
uh oh now we HAVE to re-sign Hutch I don't care.

Here's better image.

Screenshot_20210226-150321_Samsung Internet.jpg

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
This is very positive news. I like it.

Was really down about Muzzin and Matthews.

Hopefully Campbell or Andersen are in tmrw.

Its sounding like Campbell is good to go for tomorrow from what I was seeing from some of the reporters.

Whether Matty is in forsure is the big question. If he isn't though, I still think it's just guys like Tavares that have to have a big game offensively. Jumbo is probably back too. There is still plenty of fire power.

I'm more optimistic after seeing most of the guys coming back. Should be a good tilt.

Reactions: MattySnipes

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Hutches strong play gave Leafs some room to let Andersen sit and heal nagging injuries. If Campbell is coming back in, that's even better.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
I guess everyone will travel west.

Thornton - Tavares - Marner
Barabanov - Kerfoot - Nylander
Hyman - Engvall - Mikheyev
Petan - Boyd - Spezza

Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl
Dermott - Bogosian

Campbell
Hutchinson

Taxi/Extra: Galchenyuk, Sabourin, Lehtonen, Marincin, Simmonds, Andersen, Vesey, Matthews

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
Its sounding like Campbell is good to go for tomorrow from what I was seeing from some of the reporters.

Whether Matty is in forsure is the big question. If he isn't though, I still think it's just guys like Tavares that have to have a big game offensively. Jumbo is probably back too. There is still plenty of fire power.

I'm more optimistic after seeing most of the guys coming back. Should be a good tilt.

This exactly. Having Matthews out for a game would suck, he is so dominant. But if Willy is getting his swagger back, along with Tavares, Marner, Thornton, Hyman and Spezza, I still think we're deeper up front. Getting Muzz back is a bonus. We got this if we show up, which we do more often than not this year.

Reactions: Burnie97

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
I have no problem if Matthews sits one out and can rest his hands for two more days.

We can score on the Oils. We just need to shut them down. I hope muzzin can play.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

I would be surprised if that lasts long, but if the team needs offense with Matthews out, I am not terribly surprised. His main value came on the defensive/PK side of the puck. His ES offense sucks, and he is getting no PP time this year.

Barabanov, Petan, and Boyd are going to need to watch themselves. They have been given a shot, but they need to show more than they have if they expect to stay in the lineup for very long.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

I think it would suck if Matthews does not play, but I keep reminding myself of the bigger picture here. I'd rather he be as healthy as possible for game 1 of the playoffs.

Reactions: Burnie97

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
The difference between Soup and Vesey is that Mikheyev is noticeable out there.

He's getting chances, really strong skating, chases the puck, playing well on the PK and has had some looks, if not results. As I've mentioned before, Vesey just doesn't seem to have any impact whatsoever.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Soup has 2 more points than Vesey but obviously makes more of an impact
But man he needs to start scoring

Mikheyev is the polar opposite of Boyd right now. Generates a bunch of amazing opportunities and playing great 200ft hockey but can't convert. Pretty much the only positive thing that Boyd is providing right now is the ability to convert at a ridiculously efficient rate. He is pretty awful at everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad