Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Edmonton SAT FEB 27 @ 7:00 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
The difference between Soup and Vesey is that Mikheyev is noticeable out there.

He's getting chances, really strong skating, chases the puck, playing well on the PK and has had some looks, if not results. As I've mentioned before, Vesey just doesn't seem to have any impact whatsoever.
Vesey's comparable is more like Engvall with his classic one hand on the stick reaching but not really trying.

Reactions: ForzaZuffa

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

He's getting chances, really strong skating, chases the puck, playing well on the PK and has had some looks, if not results. As I've mentioned before, Vesey just doesn't seem to have any impact whatsoever.

He's had a major impact on our PK, but that's pretty much it. We will see if Spezza/Mikheyev/Hyman/Marner/Engvall can survive without him. If they can, the Leafs can probably live without Vesey (unless they move Engvall). Otherwise, he's definitely getting more opportunities.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
I bet matthews plays.

He didn't leave the game with it last game.

just giving it all the rest and treatment possible before gametime.
While Matthews rests ....

zuj45yM.png

Last edited:

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina

I know some people are frustrated by his lack of production, and fair enough, but every scoring chance he doesn't score on is still a play that's 200ft from our net.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Pretty important mini-series for retaining control of the division. It's looking like whoever gets to play 4th in the division will have a big advantage.

Reactions: banks and Tmart335

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Pretty important mini-series for retaining control of the division. It's looking like whoever gets to play 4th in the division will have a big advantage.

I just don't want to play Calgary or Winnipeg. I think Calgary will figure itself out eventually and they can be a tough competitor, especially when Markstrom regains form. Winnipeg has a goalie who can steal a series for them and have a strong offense even if their defense is lacking.

Not too worried about Price and Montreal. Not too worried about Edmonton either. Vancouver has just not done anything and Ottawa was rebuilding anyways.

Tairy Greene

Feb 2, 2020
I just don't want to play Calgary or Winnipeg. I think Calgary will figure itself out eventually and they can be a tough competitor, especially when Markstrom regains form. Winnipeg has a goalie who can steal a series for them and have a strong offense even if their defense is lacking.

Not too worried about Price and Montreal. Not too worried about Edmonton either. Vancouver has just not done anything and Ottawa was rebuilding anyways.
Despite having the weakest goalies I think Oilers would be our hardest matchup. When they're "on" they are a better team than Flames or Jets imo.

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
I think it's too early to say that. A lot can still change.
Agreed. There is still a lot of runway left here. To think it a pivotal series may be too much. But this is exactly the situation I was hoping they'd face early and often. Having a surging team,with elite talent, on a streak while the Leafs stall is exactly the type of situation that can go along way to continuing to forge that identity they seem to be convincing people of.

Lots to like about this series, even if it isn't for all the marbles.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Edmonton has the a p!ss poor PK, We have a p!ss poor PK
Both mid pack

Two of the top PP in the league

Edmonton leaks shots despite having the most PP opportunities in the Canadian Division. 116 more than Leafs in one more game played.
I won’t be surprised if we bury 4 goals a game on them and win all three if we stay out of the box better than them. We're a better team defensively by a significant margin.

If we lose all three they will be two points ahead and we will have a game in hand. Ha i like my optimist version better.

We are a better rounded team. Shut down their guys and take less penalties every game and they are done every game. Oh yeah, put Sabourine in the lineup.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The Leafs are not very transparent on the injury disclosure front, so judging things based on Andersen's day to day status I wouldn't be surprised if Matthews is out for a week minimum. But obviously hoping this isn't the case.

Rasmus Andersson needs a stern talking to next time we play the Flames. I don't particularly care if he's just doing his job, he's got to take some lumps.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
No reason for the Leafs to come out with At least 4 out of the 6 points. They should light up that old dart Mike Smith like a Christmas tree.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Oilers fan, coming in peace! I live in Ontario so I should get a pass because the majority of my friends are Leafs fans and laugh at my hat and give me crap all the time. I'm pretty sure they spit in my food too. I'm just wondering about the status of Matthews and Andersen? Matthews was already nursing a wrist injury no? Calgary are a bunch of punks and I was looking forward to a mini playoff series. It'll still be good, but I'd like to see the best talent vs the best, ya know? Anyways, cheers!

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Oilers fan, coming in peace! I live in Ontario so I should get a pass because the majority of my friends are Leafs fans and laugh at my hat and give me crap all the time. I'm pretty sure they spit in my food too. I'm just wondering about the status of Matthews and Andersen? Matthews was already nursing a wrist injury no? Calgary are a bunch of punks and I was looking forward to a mini playoff series. It'll still be good, but I'd like to see the best talent vs the best, ya know? Anyways, cheers!
Matthews will be a game time decision tomorrow it sounds like and Freddy won't be playing tomorrow.

Reactions: Porkleaker

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

Are you? On the main board you love to go on about how delusional Leafs fans are.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Are you? On the main board you love to go on about how delusional Leafs fans are.

Everyone on the main boards talks a lot of smack. You see a thread about Matthews there's a bunch of Oilers fans disagreeing, and vice versa. It's light trolling, this is not. I legitimately want to see both teams at their best and see who comes out ahead. Anyways, I'll leave it at that, best of luck and looking forward to this series. Cheers.

Last edited:

AngryScotsman

Feb 17, 2013
Northern Ontario
Everyone on the main boards talks a lot of smack. You see a thread about Matthews there's a bunch of Oilers fans disagreeing, and vice versa. It's light trolling, this is not. I legitimately want to see both teams at their best and see who comes out ahead.

We are pretty banged up at the moment. Win or lose, you definitely won't be seeing Toronto at its best. Just hoping we can stay competitive this game.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Everyone on the main boards talks a lot of smack. You see a thread about Matthews there's a bunch of Oilers fans disagreeing, and vice versa. It's light trolling, this is not. I legitimately want to see both teams at their best and see who comes out ahead.
Didn't even look through your post history for more than 2 minutes to see you're another Leaf-obssessed Oiler fan with the textbook little brother syndrome.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Didn't even look through your post history for more than 2 minutes to see you're another Leaf-obssessed Oiler fan with the textbook little brother syndrome.

Like I said, I'm in Ontario and totally surrounded by Leaf fans, many of which are my close friends. What happens in HFOil or the main boards are totally different things. Best of luck and hope it's a good series. I'm out!

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
We are pretty banged up at the moment. Win or lose, you definitely won't be seeing Toronto at its best. Just hoping we can stay competitive this game.

That's a shame, we're pretty banged up too and it's mostly the Flames. I mean, they broke Slater Koekkoek's collar bone in 2 places and almost took out Yamamoto. They're pretty dirty, especially when they're one of the worst teams on the planet. Cheers and good luck.

AngryScotsman

Feb 17, 2013
Northern Ontario
That's a shame, we're pretty banged up too and it's mostly the Flames. I mean, they broke Slater Koekkoek's collar bone in 2 places and almost took out Yamamoto. They're pretty dirty, especially when they're one of the worst teams on the planet. Cheers and good luck.

Sounds like a team with nothing to lose/play for. Pretty typical of a team in that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad