Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Edmonton SAT FEB 27 @ 7:00 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario

At Least Thornton, Muzzin and Campbell are practicing

(also, are we just going to gloss over the fact that Marincin is listed in the "Lines at Leafs Practice" tweets?

Last edited:

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Hutch has played much better than I expected, but I don't like our chances against McDavid & Co. with him in net.

Hopefully, we'll get some of our walking wounded back soon.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
It's crazy that he has this reputation after doing this exactly 1 time in his entire career.

I think you'd see more of it if there was a team other than Edmonton that ran lines of Scrub-Superstar-Scrub. As soon as there's a 2nd competent forward to defend on the line, Kadri falls off.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Naz is awful at structured zone defense, but you have to give him credit on his 1on1 shadow assignments. If he doesn't shut McDavid down, he's at least going to frustrate the shit out of him.

The last time Kadri was good defensively was 3 seasons ago.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
If Matthews is out and Hutch is in, it's going to be an uphill battle for sure.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
The last time Kadri was good defensively was 3 seasons ago.

I don't know that he was ever particularly good, his defensive IQ has always been pretty bad as far as positioning goes. There should really be a different term for what he was good at, being a pest with a purpose. Tkachuk's the same way, he's not really fast or that smart defensively but he can find ways to disrupt the other team's offensive flow.

Reactions: JayDog17 and zeke

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Yeah.....not really excited for tomorrow at this point. Feel like its gonna be mcdavid destroying us at this point

Chin up, man. Our injuries suck but the Oilers are winning despite being outplayed most games. The underlying numbers aren't good. We would still have a decent chance. Tavares has been quite good defensively, just need others to step up on the 2nd line in that scenario.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
I think you'd see more of it if there was a team other than Edmonton that ran lines of Scrub-Superstar-Scrub. As soon as there's a 2nd competent forward to defend on the line, Kadri falls off.

I don’t think anyone ever seriously thought of Naz as a two-way force, but he’s got a swagger and edge to go along with his skill that was nice to have and is sorely missed.

TiMo15

Nov 8, 2008
I'm interested to see what Galchenyuk can bring in. Knew that he had have couple bad seasons and hope that this potential final chance can wake him up. Vesey falling is sort of expected, he was fine at the beginning of the season and he even had chance to play on the 2nd line for a while and then he went almost invisible.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
As long as Matthews and Andersen stay day-to-day, seems like the team will have everyone but Simmonds back within the Oilers series. Not bad at all.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Time for the team captain Tavares to step up.

A meaningful game against a team catching up on first and with Matthews out he's got The Player Voted Most Likely to Pad His Linemates' Stats, Marner of course, on his wing. No excuses now.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Most of Edmonton's points are from shredding Vancouver and Ottawa but you can't argue with shutouts and they have a ton of confidence. It will be a test of two teams at the top of their game vs Habs just playing over their heads. A real challenge to meet these guys with even a slightly depleted lineup. Hutch has been strong but it is still Hutch vs Drai and McDavid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad