Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Edmonton SAT FEB 27 @ 7:00 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
That reply really highlights how bad he's been.

View attachment 400900
Remember how Engvall closed off last season with a goal being his only point in ~20 games? Unlike the 4th line shifts Engvall was getting, Vesey's getting regular shifts with Tavares and Nylander plus powerplay time. If he's a non-factor, then the line takes a hit regardless of whether or not the big guns are playing at 100%. He's a non-factor on the PP since he gets limited touches being a net-front guy plus he can't exactly enter the zone by himself ala Matthews/Marner/Nylander. I still can't believe Keefe's kept him in the lineup for so long.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Remember how Engvall closed off last season with a goal being his only point in ~20 games? Unlike the 4th line shifts Engvall was getting, Vesey's getting regular shifts with Tavares and Nylander plus powerplay time. If he's a non-factor, then the line takes a hit regardless of whether or not the big guns are playing at 100%. He's a non-factor on the PP since he gets limited touches being a net-front guy plus he can't exactly enter the zone by himself ala Matthews/Marner/Nylander. I still can't believe Keefe's kept him in the lineup for so long.
# 47 is the biggest waste of a player I’ve seen in years , he’s the most chicken “salad “ scared , timid , frightened, garbage .... I know I sound like a broken record , but go back to that 3-0 game against the F-lames and watch every single shift of this disgusting joke of a player and see him bail on almost every confrontation...
I’m done with him , let’s replace him with anyone else , anyone

Reactions: cookie

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007

Yeah. The comments Keefe made the other day about getting Galchenyuk in made some sense to me in this regard. Seems like a year where a new guy penned in the lineup would be given a little more latitude given the lack of prep, just like you'd want to give a guy coming in via trade some time to get used to the new systems through practice before his debut. I imagine there'd be a bit more urgency on Keefes part if the standings were inverted.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Think Nylander and Tavares are going to have big nights tomorrow. It's the anti Rittich series for us. Mike Smith is hot right now but there is no way he can possibly sustain this much longer. I think he's gonna get pulled.

Reactions: MattySnipes

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
# 47 is the biggest waste of a player I’ve seen in years , he’s the most chicken “salad “ scared , timid , frightened, garbage .... I know I sound like a broken record , but go back to that 3-0 game against the F-lames and watch every single shift of this disgusting joke of a player and see him bail on almost every confrontation...
What will Engvall need to do to redeem himself in your eyes? Would he have to rehaul his whole play style for you? I don't think he'll ever be a high intensity aggressive type guy, I think best we can hope for his a high IQ checking forward with some decent puck skills.

Reactions: stickty111

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
What will Engvall need to do to redeem himself in your eyes? Would he have to rehaul his whole play style for you? I don't think he'll ever be a high intensity aggressive type guy, I think best we can hope for his a high IQ checking forward with some decent puck skills.
Believe me or talk to any credible coach of any sport ..
You can’t coach , teach , show any player to have internal fortitude and the B....s to play in tough situations , or the pride of being a athlete and the drive to be part of a team , that wins games , let alone championships , it takes blood sweat and tears and a commitment to each and every player in your dressing room to commit yourself to doing anything it takes to win !! Block shots , take a hit to make a play , play hurt , stick up for your fellow teammates , fight in corners , be mentally tough and so much more ..
You either have this mind set and inner strength and desire and makeup or you don’t ...
And you need everyone at every skill level on your team to inspire each and everyone in your dressing room and at practice and on the ice in order to achieve great results and have the respect of your fellow warriors in your room !

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Yeah. The comments Keefe made the other day about getting Galchenyuk in made some sense to me in this regard. Seems like a year where a new guy penned in the lineup would be given a little more latitude given the lack of prep, just like you'd want to give a guy coming in via trade some time to get used to the new systems through practice before his debut. I imagine there'd be a bit more urgency on Keefes part if the standings were inverted.

Pierre Engvall is more or less a replacement level player who is about to be... replaced. I think the only issue with him is Toronto overpaid him by $500,000 or so when they thought he might have a little more upside worth locking up for two years after a nice start to his NHL career.

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
Sounds like it's gonna be Campbell or Hutch between the pipes tomorrow. I'd like to see Hutch start and see what he does. Confidence is a huge weapon for any goalie and I think that this is a perfect time for Hutch to gain some confidence. Sure, give him a short leash but I think this would be a blown opportunity to not start him.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Sorry didn’t think that was to bad , shoulder on shoulder , no head shot and just just a wee bit early , got to keep your head up , it’s the pros

He posted this after the game. I'd like to sign him just for his humor alone.
4d1y1LH.jpg

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
If Matthews wrist is not 100% he should rest and treat it until it is. I would keep him at home if need be.

Reactions: Porkleaker

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017

In all honesty I think you hate that guy more than anyone I've ever seen hate a player. You're consumed with fire over this guy. I'm loving it.

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
In all honesty I think you hate that guy more than anyone I've ever seen hate a player. You're consumed with fire over this guy. I'm loving it.
Lolololol
I hate players ( any player ) that present those qualities, in life or sports and I’ve never tolerated them
Again I want to win and our team is close to the holy grail , but we won’t achieve it with these type of players

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
Pierre Engvall is more or less a replacement level player who is about to be... replaced. I think the only issue with him is Toronto overpaid him by $500,000 or so when they thought he might have a little more upside worth locking up for two years after a nice start to his NHL career.
Engvall sure.

I was on about Vesey in that reply though.

Seems like Keefe is getting close to having a good read on who slots where.

Vesey and Engvall are hopefully headed in the same direction.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Guys.

Jeff Skinner got benched for THREE GAMES IN A ROW. That's how well it's going with those assholes in Buffalo.

Hahahaahahaha. It's good to be a Leafs fan in 2021 baby!!!!

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
If Matthews wrist is not 100% he should rest and treat it until it is. I would keep him at home if need be.

Hopefully he's alright, Draisaitl has been nursing an injury too and wouldn't mind seeing both of them recover a bit and see what the taxi squad can do. Either way, good luck, I'm really looking forward to these games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->