OT: Toronto Blue Jays

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Another sweep for the Jays! Jays now have the 3rd best record in the bigs. Feels good man.

Happ with a solid start, and held his own against Verlander. Absolutely can't ask for more than that.

Joey Bats now hitting .320! :amazed:
That's currently good for top 5 in batting average in the American League. He is truly the leader and the heart and soul of this team right now. Just hope EE isn't out too long, but this team continues to find ways to win.

Oh, and Janssen with the 1 pitch save. lol
Gotta love that. Loup and Janssen are so clutch.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
The pen really settled down...
Which is a relief.
Jansen's return really helped...
And everyone is back to the right roles.
Delabar and Cecil scares me from time to time...
But they are serviceable right now.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
The pen really settled down...
Which is a relief.
Jansen's return really helped...
And everyone is back to the right roles.
Delabar and Cecil scares me from time to time...
But they are serviceable right now.

Cecil is my favourite pitcher on the Jays, but his last couple outings have been shaky.

Great series overall though.

MeatTornado

I was born ready
Oct 25, 2004
Vancouver
Another sweep for the Jays! Jays now have the 3rd best record in the bigs. Feels good man.

Happ with a solid start, and held his own against Verlander. Absolutely can't ask for more than that.

Joey Bats now hitting .320! :amazed:
That's currently good for top 5 in batting average in the American League. He is truly the leader and the heart and soul of this team right now. Just hope EE isn't out too long, but this team continues to find ways to win.

Oh, and Janssen with the 1 pitch save. lol
Gotta love that. Loup and Janssen are so clutch.

4 pitches = 2 saves for CJ which is ridiculous.

Can't believe all the different ways the team is winning these games, I was worried the wheels would fall off a bit after they had their win streak snapped (Last year they imploded again after their long win streak was broken) but they've just kept rolling. Awesome seeing my two favorite teams ripping it up so far this year, Giants being the other

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Nola goes 7.
The draft currently follows most mocks.
The only surprise is Schwarber at 4.

Freeland is a Colorado homegrown talent...
So that is a nice story.
He may be a reach though.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Heyman of CBS has gotten it completely right so far.
He got Hoffman to Jays at 9...
Which is where he goes as Heyman predicted.

Last edited:

GarryValkyrie

Mar 14, 2008
Vancouver
Nice adding to the C depth in the system...
AJ should be at the big's but who knows about his arm holding up and Nessy has been average at Lansing.
Sweet roll of the dice with Hoffman, reminds me of Nationals going for Giolito.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Most posters on various sites raves about the Reid-Foley selection.
While a lot of them are impartial to disappointed with Pentecost...
Most still liked what AA had done so far.

Now I wonder if AA can sign them all...
As Reid-Foley is the biggest question.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Most posters on various sites raves about the Reid-Foley selection.
While a lot of them are impartial to disappointed with Pentecost...
Most still liked what AA had done so far.

Now I wonder if AA can sign them all...
As Reid-Foley is the biggest question.

Hoffman should come in for somewhere around a million under slot, which would allow the Jays to offer Reid-Foley north of 2m. I think they'll get that done -- that's about the slot allocation he would have been paid if he'd been drafted where he was ranked (around 18-22).

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
AA and Brian Parker who is the scouting director for the team cleaned up!!! with their first 3 picks. Insane they got Reid-Foley at #49. He was the #18-#19 ranked prospect heading into the draft.

Hoffman, Pentecost, Reid-Foley..WOW! that's enough talent for a whole draft. If they can sign all 3 then this draft is an A++ no matter what happens the rest of the way. Some serious talent picked up on Day 1.

The Jays should have a top 5 farm system by the end of the year. They've recouped the talent they gave up in the Dickey trade.

Contending team + top 5 farm system. **** yeah! This team is going to be good for a longgg time.

Future rotation:

Hoffman
Stroman
Reid-Foley
Norris
Hutchison

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Reid-Foley's arm action is worrisome.
I heave read that it was similar to Mark Pryor's...
And we all know what happened to him.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
It is nice to see the fans out in droves at the game.
It proves that as long as the team is a winner...
They will come.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
We win again..

Yes!

There was a bit of drama too...
As a fan interfered with Bautista...
Which was ruled a foul ball at first...
Only to be overturned and called an out.
I think the Jays caught a break...
But this is a sign of a hot team.
Hopefully they ride the streak for as long as possible.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
They're damn lucky they won that. Loaded bases with 0 out and manage to get out on a triple play? Jeez. They left alot of people on base today

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
They're damn lucky they won that. Loaded bases with 0 out and manage to get out on a triple play? Jeez. They left alot of people on base today

This team is learning how to win. It could have easily been 8-1 yet they still persevered. They still need to add another quality arm if it's possible. The addition of Seitzer and Navaro has been huge. J.P was pissing me off last year. I'm glad they figured it out behind the plate in terms of calling games and receving balls. a pitchers confidence in a catcher is extremely important. I also love the bench. They have a great mix and a very versatile team.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013

Yep. Scary, but exciting, way to win today.

That's six in a row, and an amazing last 25 or so games.

Hope the Jays keep it up.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Reid-Foley's arm action is worrisome.
I heave read that it was similar to Mark Pryor's...
And we all know what happened to him.

Reid-Foley is a first round talent taken in the 2nd round, 18th-19th best prospect in the entire draft and somehow we were able to snatch him up at #49. His arm action may worry some scouts but you can't refuse to take him because of that when he's available at #49. The talent AA and co. were able to get with their first 3 picks was almost perfect. They nailed this draft. Now we wait until they are signed..Getting all 3 signed would be an amazing haul. Both Hoffman and Reid-Foley are projected to be top of the rotation starters.

Also Baltimore lost last night so now we're 6.5 up on them, 6 up on the Yankees. I won't even mention Boston or TB because they're well out of it right now and aren't even in the discussion.

AlphaMale

Jan 21, 2013
This team is looking like the real deal. Good Offense. Good relief pitching this year. All that's missing is one more quality starting pitcher. Blue Jays should try to make a trade to get Cliff Lee or Jeff Samardzija on the roster.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Reid-Foley is a first round talent taken in the 2nd round, 18th-19th best prospect in the entire draft and somehow we were able to snatch him up at #49. His arm action may worry some scouts but you can't refuse to take him because of that when he's available at #49. The talent AA and co. were able to get with their first 3 picks was almost perfect. They nailed this draft. Now we wait until they are signed..Getting all 3 signed would be an amazing haul. Both Hoffman and Reid-Foley are projected to be top of the rotation starters.

Also Baltimore lost last night so now we're 6.5 up on them, 6 up on the Yankees. I won't even mention Boston or TB because they're well out of it right now and aren't even in the discussion.

I agree with you...
And I do not mind the pick too much.
Reid-Foley may also be healthy the rest of the way...
And prove to be a great pickup if signed...
But I just wanted to explain another reason on why he dropped.
He was rumoured to be a tough sign...
But I have heard that his demands were not that extravagant.
2 million or so would probably get it done...
And it may even take less.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
This team is looking like the real deal. Good Offense. Good relief pitching this year. All that's missing is one more quality starting pitcher. Blue Jays should try to make a trade to get Cliff Lee or Jeff Samardzija on the roster.

Lee still have too much of a financial commitment...
At 25 million for next season...
And a 27.5 million vesting option that becomes guaranteed after 200 innings in 2015...
Or a 12.5 million buyout.
He is also 35...
So who knows how much he has left in the tank?
The money alone rules him out...
Since AA said that the Jays are pretty much tapped out in terms of financial resources...
And Philly probably would not eat too much of Lee's contract.
Plus...
He does not appear to be close to a return...
And it is not clear if he can help this year.

Samardzija would cost too much in terms of farm talents...
He probably would not resign after his current contract runs out...
And he had never proven to be more than a #3 starter at best...
So I am not sure if this season is just an outliner.
Everything I have read also suggest that the Jays will not consider him.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Jays drafted Weisenberg at 38.
He is the best high school ranker left...
But he is a very tough sign.
I will be very impressed if Jays got him to sign.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad