OT: Toronto Blue Jays

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
I've been watching baseball for over 20 years and I've never seen such an epic melt down.

Jays leading 5-3 going into the bottom of the 8th.

the twins score 6 runs with one hit and win the game 9-5... yes one hit.

Last edited:

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Finally...
Blue Jays gets its own thread.
:thumbu:

That said...
Baseball is a fickle game.
Things happen...
Good or bad.
It is a great sport...
But it is also very cruel.

That starting rotation is already a weakness.
I had hoped it will hold out a bit longer.
This will be a long season.

Mofletz

Aug 28, 2006
The bullpen is their strongest part of their team

But yes epic collapse.

Last edited:

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
The bullpen is their strongest part of their team

But yes epic collapse.

now they've blown back to back leads at home vs the O's. Jays pitching staff just isn't good enough.

all offense, no pitching, sort of like the Leafs all offense no D. Toronto sure knows how to build a winner. :laugh:

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Major League Baseball has been dead to me since they stuck a shiv into the Montreal Expos.

Last edited:

Bure All Day

Mar 29, 2012
Vancouver
now they've blown back to back leads at home vs the O's. Jays pitching staff just isn't good enough.

all offense, no pitching, sort of like the Leafs all offense no D. Toronto sure knows how to build a winner. :laugh:

Weird thing is, our starters are outperforming our pen, yet last year it was the complete opposite.

I think if our bullpen can pitch at the level they were last year, we'll be in fair shape.

This is hard to watch right now though

StupidityKills

Dec 4, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta
Weird thing is, our starters are outperforming our pen, yet last year it was the complete opposite.

I think if our bullpen can pitch at the level they were last year, we'll be in fair shape.

This is hard to watch right now though

I haven't paid much attention yet this year but their bullpen was dominant last year. Did they make a lot of changes or just poor performances so far?

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
i'd consider phillies' meltdown in the 93 world series worse...but it was worth it for joe carter to cement his legend status

DennisReynolds

the implication
Dec 11, 2011
the starting rotation is worse. they just all around suck at pitching. it's sad because they have some great talent. such a waste.
Funny how the starting rotation has the best ERA in the AL East. Of course they average a around 5.5 innings per start but still not the worst this year so far.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Funny how the starting rotation has the best ERA in the AL East. Of course they average a around 5.5 innings per start but still not the worst this year so far.

only because Buehrle is leading the world in era.

edit: Hutchison has been decent too. everyone else is ass.

Bure All Day

Mar 29, 2012
Vancouver
I haven't paid much attention yet this year but their bullpen was dominant last year. Did they make a lot of changes or just poor performances so far?

They were solid to start, but since the Minnesota series, they've been well below average. I'm not worried too much about them picking it up though, just a bad stretch, The starting pitch is a bit more concerning, Buehle has been superb, but beyond that the starting pitching hasn't been too good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad