Post-Game Talk: Toronto at Ottawa, April 20th

Status
Not open for further replies.

BudForLife

Jul 18, 2009
Toronto
Leafs fans here coming in peace.

I gotta tell you that I'm really very very impressed with your team. With all the injuries your club has endured this year I think it's remarkable. I hope Karlson can come back and help for the playoffs.

I wish you guys the best of luck during the playoffs...unless of course we cross paths LOL.

malcolmedge

May 4, 2010
Vancouver
Last night I saw two even teams play, the difference is that Ottawa is running a lot of first time NHLers. Everytime I watch Silfverberg, Zibenijad and Conacher play I'm just amazed. Reminds me of watching Grabner as a Canuck.

When these young guys get more big time experience and hone their skills they will be more deadly than Lupul or Kadri could ever be.

Last night's loss was due to the fact Ottawa was down Karlsson and Spezza. Combined last year for 162 pts. Where as Kessel and Lupul combined for 149 last year.

To the nice Toronto fans you're cool. However you guys are fast becoming like the Vancouver fan base.

Hattrick Swayzie*

Last night I saw two even teams play, the difference is that Ottawa is running a lot of first time NHLers. Everytime I watch Silfverberg, Zibenijad and Conacher play I'm just amazed. Reminds me of watching Grabner as a Canuck.

When these young guys get more big time experience and hone their skills they will be more deadly than Lupul or Kadri could ever be.

Last night's loss was due to the fact Ottawa was down Karlsson and Spezza. Combined last year for 162 pts. Where as Kessel and Lupul combined for 149 last year.

To the nice Toronto fans you're cool. However you guys are fast becoming like the Vancouver fan base.

Kadri may be at a PPG but he is an awful player. Completely useless last night.

Milan the God*

I've been in a car all day, was there any official word on the (alleged) headbutts from the league?

Don't think so. But MacLaren is injured now so I don't think a suspension (assuming it's 1-2 games) would really matter because he might miss that anyways.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Leafs fan coming in peace. You just named 3 guys having career point scoring paces. Lupul has 10 goals in his last 11. Kessel is 7th in scoring. Kadri would have probably run away with the Calder if he was eligible.

Crosby would have run away with the Calder if he were eligible too.

GenericFan2*

Kadri may be at a PPG but he is an awful player. Completely useless last night.
This post...whaaaat?

1) 1 game =/= whole season
2) He scored and was involved physically
3) He's better than half the forwards currently on the Sens (this season)

I don't get it.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
This post...whaaaat?

1) 1 game =/= whole season
2) He scored and was involved physically
3) He's better than half the forwards currently on the Sens (this season)

I don't get it.

If you mean physically you mean ragged dolled by Cowen than I agree.

I think that poster blew things out of proportion. Pretty sure he meant to say Kadri is overrated for the type of player people claim him to be which I would definitely agree.

Also, not hard to be better than half our forwards, it's actually not a compliment seeing as how half our forward roster contains rookies and most of the AHL team.

Herping Derps*

Here's a thought on the issue of leafs fans at sens games.

In soccer, they usually dedicate a section of the stadium to opposing teams. While its mainly, to prevent brawls, it would still serve the same effect. Get the leafs fans away from sens fans as much as possible, and stop ruining the home crowd vibe.

That, and for the love of god, Sens fans need to get a bit rowdier when the leafs are in town. Its that simple. I honestly thought at some points that the game was at the ACC, whats with sens fans not making noise.

I live in T.O., and for the 5-6 games I've been lucky enough to see the sens here (mostly wins, thank god), I make sure to support the team....though without being too much of a duche.

Sens have a not so great away record. Why let scotia place feel like just another way game.

The King of Town

Jan 26, 2004
Free Country
That, and for the love of god, Sens fans need to get a bit rowdier when the leafs are in town. Its that simple. I honestly thought at some points that the game was at the ACC, whats with sens fans not making noise.

That's a lot easier to do when the Sens are winning, or at least putting in a strong effort, which hasn't always been the case against the Leafs lately.

It's not all about the fans. The fans were incredible when the Sens were regularly pasting the Leafs a few years ago. The building was rocking, and there were very few Leafs fans in attendance.

It's tough to get up and cheer when your team's losing 4-1 to their arch-rivals.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
It's a fairly common occurrence for Leaf fans to apologize for other Leaf fans at these games.

Drunken morons shouting obscenities at children deserve a boot in the teeth.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Contrary to popular belief, Leaf fans are allowed to stop by and have a civil discussion.

Keep it clean, folks.

jomas

Aug 23, 2008
snows too much
It's a fairly common occurrence for Leaf fans to apologize for other Leaf fans at these games.

Drunken morons shouting obscenities at children deserve a boot in the teeth.

It's bad no matter who it is, sure it adds sting when it's the opposition doing it, but having jerk's in a area full of people never works out well. When I went to the Leafs-Sens game last year with my rugby team, we sat beside some decent guys who were split half and half.
Was actually a pretty great time, we were calling each other out (My leafs lost, so we got the brunt of the dishing out) but really it was an enjoyable experience. Afterwards when going to exit you had people drunk and being generally disgraceful, with one guy spitting on a sens fan, and drunks yelling at each other.
Really something that needs more cleaning up, sure it's sports but there no better way to disgrace yourself by yelling at people half your age while drunk.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
I would never bring my children to a Leafs game. Never. So that about says it. And Sens fans won't stop dumping their tickets until they want to go to games when the Leafs are in town. It's an issue that needs to be addressed. Not sure of the solution, but it's a problem.

dasboot

Jajajaja
Sep 12, 2010
I tried to be loud at the game, I'd get a Sens chant going for about 3 seconds before the whole arena changed to a Leaf chant.

Every Sens fan in my section was old, pretty lame.

jomas

Aug 23, 2008
snows too much
I would never bring my children to a Leafs game. Never. So that about says it. And Sens fans won't stop dumping their tickets until they want to go to games when the Leafs are in town. It's an issue that needs to be addressed. Not sure of the solution, but it's a problem.

You probably couldn't, it's nigh impossible to get tickets to a Leafs game unless you're a suit, they're forced to go elsewhere, even when tickets are available you might have to give up an arm and a leg for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad