Post-Game Talk: Toronto at Ottawa, April 20th

Status
Not open for further replies.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Andy had a bad game. It happens. But he's been so good for us this year, and deserves to get right back out there (unless there's a physical reason for the bad game).

exv91

Oct 13, 2011
Bottom line is, we have an awesome team and sometimes some players may not show up but we have to judge the team as a whole. This season has been a success for the most part. If we had had Spezza, Karlsson, Michalek and Anderson the entire season, I'm sure we'd be higher in the standings. But give the young farm team fellas credit for not just holding the fort, but in fact doing a decent job. Go sens go!!! And if I happen upon a leafs fan I don't hesitate to flip them the bird.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The Leafs have a pretty good team. They've earned their playoff berth and have as good a chance as anyone to come out of the East.

I hate losing to them.

The East is so tight, I am actually worried that we might fall out of the top 8.

I really don't think the Leafs are that good of a team. If Ottawa had any finish at all they would have dominated that game. The Leafs won't get past the first round of the playoffs.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
On a positive note, Silfverberg looked amaaaazzzzziingg! His screened shot on Reimer was so nearly a goal. He won puck battles on the boards.

And Pageau... he's got a motor on him, won puck races, forced turnovers on the forecheck.

c_mak

Jan 15, 2004
Waterloo
What Ottawa lacked last night was game breakers Alfie is 40 and Turris Z-bad and Silver berg are not there yet. Milan is not a star game breaker but has played well. Any didn't play his best and we lost still hope we make the playoffs

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I hope you guys can clinch one of the final playoff spots. It would be a shame to lose out now after battling hard all season with an injury riddled lineup.

Last edited by a moderator:

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
I really don't think the Leafs are that good of a team. If Ottawa had any finish at all they would have dominated that game. The Leafs won't get past the first round of the playoffs.

Sens cant score on Leaf goalies... Finish or not... We make them look superhuman...

Sens havent gotten out of the first round since 2007...

sens2k9

Aug 8, 2008
Honestly, I sorta agree.

People were making fun of Sens ownership for wanting to tell ticket holders not to give them to Leafs/Habs fans, but I am getting sick of seeing so many of them in our building.

They should just sell tickets to Leafs/Habs games to people actually in Ottawa. I know lots of Leafs/habs fans already live in Ottawa, but it would at least help prevent out of towners from coming in.

You can say this but I still have a lot of hate for sens fans in the building who won't even shell out $15 for a ******* red tee-shirt. Is it really that hard to show up to a sens game wearing sens colours? Its obvious which fans are Leaf fans, cuz they're all wearing jerseys!

:shakehead

Milan the God*

I'm not worried about missing the playoffs right now. It could happen, but I have faith this team has string together two wins. Or the Jets lose one game and we win a game.

QuattroFTW

Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa
I hope you guys can clinch one of the final playoff spots. It would be a shame to lose out now after battling hard all season with an injury riddled lineup.

It's a knee jerk reaction to the fact that for the next 20-30 years Ottawa will be a stronghold for Leaf and Habs fans. Sorry but you can't put a hockey team halfway between two original 6 teams and expect not to have those kinds of problems. I completely get why its a 50-50, 60-40 split in games because of prices and such, but I think at this point Leaf fans and Habs fans have actually scared/irritated a lot of regular Sens fans into not going to games that you won't see a change for a good long while:shakehead

Jonathan81

Sep 12, 2011
Well it is true that to see all those Leaf Fans in our own building every game we face them is really, really, really annoying. I don't know how you guys who has the chance to go watch the sens regulary do to endure all those pain in the a s s leaf fans. If it was me i think i will totally go berserk and try to smash the most i can before the security trow me out lol.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Jonathan81 said:
Well it is true that to see all those Leaf Fans in our own building every game we face them is really, really, really annoying. I don't know how you guys who has the chance to go watch the sens regulary do to endure all those pain in the a s s leaf fans. If it was me i think i will totally go berserk and try to smash the most i can before the security trow me out lol.

It's only really a problem if the Senators lose, which they seem to have been doing of late against the Leafs.

The only Leaf game I went to this year was when Greening scored with 22 seconds left.

The Leaf fans hadn't already left yet like they typically do if they're down by 2 or more late, so all of them were there to register their amazed disappointment at losing a point in the final seconds.

It was a very enjoyable experience.

The reverse of the coin is when they win. What can I say, Reimer and Co. do well in our barn.

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
I'm glad I had work and missed this game. CBC must have been obnoxiously jubilant given that Toronto not only won but clinched the playoffs.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Andy had a bad game. It happens. But he's been so good for us this year, and deserves to get right back out there (unless there's a physical reason for the bad game).

Andy is a workhorse goalie, in that he NEEDS 25+ shots to get into the zone. Much like the Florida game, when the Senators go minutes without letting the team get an opposing shot, his mind doesn't keep sharp. It's weird, but this team is actually BETTER when its giving up a lot of shots.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I'm not worried about missing the playoffs right now. It could happen, but I have faith this team has string together two wins. Or the Jets lose one game and we win a game.

I'm not worried at the moment about missing the playoffs. Lets not forget about Washington, even though they are in first place in the division. They play Winnipeg this week, so one of them has to lose. And we play Washington on Thursday. I believe we are tied in points with them with a game in hand.

I'm more worried about getting the 6th seed, then missing the playoffs.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
This isn't much to say about this game

It was awfully reminiscent of the Toronto/Ottawa games of yonder: the Senators play a technically "better" game but the Leafs get the puck luck and the goaltending required; Carlyle coaches pretty similarly to Quinn and while MacLean isn't Martin, his coaching style just as much of a bad matchup... MacLean is going to need to look at things differently if he hopes to beat the Leafs the way things are going at the moment.

It brought back some very, very painful memories (a certain game 7 on 4/20 back in 2004 to be precise)

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Reality is, it wasn't our system that was the problem. While Ottawa was all over Toronto, the scoring chances were pretty null. A lot of pucks along the ice or into Reimer's chest. Not a lot of second or third opportunities even when Reimer was giving up rebounds. The only player I saw crash the net was Neil and he got a penalty for it. We should have played Latendresse and let their team take penalties trying to fight us. Kassian is essentially useless, other than to fight and maybe hit every once in a while. At least with Carkner we had a somewhat useful D-man.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
This isn't much to say about this game

It was awfully reminiscent of the Toronto/Ottawa games of yonder: the Senators play a technically "better" game but the Leafs get the puck luck and the goaltending required; Carlyle coaches pretty similarly to Quinn and while MacLean isn't Martin, his coaching style just as much of a bad matchup... MacLean is going to need to look at things differently if he hopes to beat the Leafs the way things are going at the moment.

It brought back some very, very painful memories (a certain game 7 on 4/20 back in 2004 to be precise)

I just looked up that series for 'old times sake'. Ottawa out shot Toronto by almost 100 shots in that series...

same **** different year. We lost our chance at cup when Toronto wasn't in the playoffs. Cheers to 5 more years of BS.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008

Well, it's okay that YOU think that.

2 forwards with 40+ points(one closing in on 50).
2 Dmen top 10 in points
A goalie with a top 10 save percentage
Loads of depth around them.
Stanley Cup Winning Head Coach.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Canada is in love with Toronto. CBC and TSN practically wet their pants over the Maple Laughs clinching a playoff spot.

why do people say this? yes don cherry loves us as does bob cole but that's IT. Have you ever REALLY listened to glen healy or PJ stock or jJim hughson? do it next time I mean REALLY listen you will see most of CBC HATES US.

We Want the Cup 2010

Jun 16, 2009
Well, it's okay that YOU think that.

2 forwards with 40+ points(one closing in on 50).
2 Dmen top 10 in points
A goalie with a top 10 save percentage
Loads of depth around them.
Stanley Cup Winning Head Coach.

Realizing that this is as good as their team has been in a decade and the future doesn't seem any brighter... Priceless

Enjoy the Carlyle effect while it lasts. I doubt the Lupuls, Kadris, and Kessels will want to play this type of system year after year.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Realizing that this is as good as their team has been in a decade and the future doesn't seem any brighter... Priceless

Enjoy the Carlyle effect while it lasts. I doubt the Lupuls, Kadris, and Kessels will want to play this type of system year after year.

Both points you've made are subjective.

Now, for an objective statement; Kessel, Lupul, Kadri and JVR all have a higher PPG and production rate under Carlyle than they've ever had in their career's at the NHL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad