Post-Game Talk: Toronto at Ottawa, April 20th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
When you're outshooting a team by a two to one margin, you shouldn't be making a whole lot of adjustments anyway. Not sure how this is MacLean's fault.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
We lost this game because of our fourth liners like Condra/Kassian. Wish we had our other bottom 6 player Lats so we would have won.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Man, Condra is overrated by the board. Just because he is our best penalty killer doesn't mean he's actually great at it... he's our best option, especially in the bottom six. Also, being a decent penalty killer does not mean you don't have to finish those kinds of chances. He should bury that every time. And he's fair game when he doesn't. Let's not set our expectations that low.

I don't think anyone is arguing that the blown chance he had tonight wasn't horrible. I don't think anyone is actually defending him tonight either. It's just when people heap "bad defensively" on top of it that it gets silly. Just call him on his real faults, not make him into the world's worst player. It only became an argument because a poster said that he brings absolutely nothing to our team. Gotta call bs on that.

cdavis*

I don't think anyone is arguing that the blown chance he had tonight wasn't horrible. I don't think anyone is actually defending him tonight either. It's just when people heap "bad defensively" on top of it that it gets silly. Just call him on his real faults, not make him into the world's worst player.

He shouldn't be playing at this level.

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Re-posting this from the GDT.

Next time the Sens play the Leafs (or the Habs), I think that the SBP staff should be instructed to turn away at the door anyone wearing a Leafs (or Habs) jersey. Put a sign up outside the box office and the online ticket store, and claim on the back of the ticket, saying that people who come to the game wearing such a jersey will be denied entry to the building, and wont receive a refund in any way, shape or form. Make them go to Toronto or Montreal if they want to cheer for those teams.

I just got back from the game and had some idiot laffs fan screaming "go leafs go" right behind me the entire game, and it did my ****ing head in. GTFO and go watch games at the ACC, ********.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam

Next time the Sens play the Leafs (or the Habs), I think that the SBP staff should be instructed to turn away at the door anyone wearing a Leafs (or Habs) jersey. Put a sign up outside the box office and the online ticket store, and claim on the back of the ticket, saying that people who come to the game wearing such a jersey will be denied entry to the building, and wont receive a refund in any way, shape or form. Make them go to Toronto or Montreal if they want to cheer for those teams.

I just got back from the game and had some idiot laffs fan screaming "go leafs go" right behind me the entire game, and it did my ****ing head in. GTFO and go watch games at the ACC, ********.

Just yell louder.

Caje

Mar 18, 2010

I feel for you man, it really sucks to go to a game and get a loudmouth behind you. It ruins the experience.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com

If it's any consolation, playing at SBP is the only opportunity for Toronto to play in front of a cheering Ontario crowd.

Sensbrah

Apr 24, 2012
Turris needs to be better.

Smith needs to be better.

Andy needs to better. Unlike the other two, I'm not concerned going forward and am sure he will be.

Team needs to get more quality scoring chances. Again, not too concerned. We have been a bit up and down in this area all year but have had more good nights than bad. And being a bit hot and cold offensively is to be expected when your best two offensive players are injured / you're being carried in large part by rookies. When Karlsson returns I expect the ratio to tilt even further to where we want it to be.

We actually didn't play too badly on the whole. As much as we needed to create more offensively, I really don't think we gave up any quality scoring chances until Lupul's breakaway at the end when the game was out of reach. If you can limit your opposition to 1 or 2 chances per game... that usually gives you a decent shot at winning. A crappy deflection and a softy by Anderson did us in.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Condra is the least of all of our problems.

Well, interestingly enough, one of the big reasons we lost was lack of finish. So in many ways he's the poster boy for tonight's loss. Not his fault, but a good representation of one of the evening's failings and a familiar theme in Sens-Leafs games this season.

cdavis*

I honestly believe Ottawa is the best canadian team.

How many of those one goal losses do we win if Karlsson, Spezza, Michalek and Andy are all in?

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North

I wouldn't go that far but why not make it known that if they show up in another team's jersey they'll have to make a $5 - $10 donation to a Sens charity.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011

How many of those one goal losses do we win if Karlsson, Spezza, Michalek and Andy are all in?

Just as long as everyone keeps playing hard and guys don't start waiting around for Spezza and EK to get the job done. Sometimes teams don't get better when they add better players...

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa

We certainly have the best single player of any Canadian team (EK, obv.). I agree with you. Unfortunately, the real NHL isn't like NHL 13... you can't turn injuries off >.<

Again though, SBP should just not let people in if they are wearing a TML Jersey. No Laff fans, no refunds, no problem.

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
Could be more could be less. On paper for sure it's a better team. Lots of teams look good on paper.

Statistically speaking EK & Spezza combined for 53 goals last season, which translates to 0.65 goals per game. So at the very minimum, we're missing a half goal per game in scoring, that makes a big difference.

Just as long as everyone keeps playing hard and guys don't start waiting around for Spezza and EK to get the job done. Sometimes teams don't get better when they add better players...

I think we've seen that this team's effort is the least of our worries. Now it's coming down to finish, which is where EK & Spezza shine.

Number1SensFan

Jun 26, 2012
Sick of Turris' game lately, though I can rarely watch games (living in southern Ontario) the only move I've ever seen him do is where he pulls the puck back and tries to go through his legs. Hasn't worked lately. I think teams have caught onto it. Really wish Latendresse would have played tonight..

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
We lost this game because of our fourth liners like Condra/Kassian. Wish we had our other bottom 6 player Lats so we would have won.

LMAO.

Yes, because our number 1 line create fits all night long... :shakehead

Our bottom lines held them. Our first line didn't do **** and our second line didn't get enough ice-time. Our third line was meh.

Gonchar and Wier were disgusting.

cdavis*

Well, interestingly enough, one of the big reasons we lost was lack of finish. So in many ways he's the poster boy for tonight's loss. Not his fault, but a good representation of one of the evening's failings and a familiar theme in Sens-Leafs games this season.

Yep, Condra had a Wade Belak hat trick. Misses a sure goal, doesn't prevent a shot that turns to a goal and still gets away without a minus.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
He shouldn't be playing at this level.

That's a joke, seriously. He had a great scoring chance tonight and he blew it. His game overall wasn't good tonight, like other players, such as Andy. Get over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad