Proposal: Toronto and New Jersey

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Value isn't terrible in a vacuum, but contextually makes no sense for NJ. We have absolutely no business giving up defensemen or downgrading picks.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Players I want from Toronto are untouchable as they are their core pieces.
Of course Nylander would be awesome to have and he would be our best winger by a mile. However it would cost assets that for now are better off used elsewhere . Unless Toronto takes a bunch of meh prospects that are cheap , quantity over quality and that’s not going to happen

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
ooof this is a hard pass from toronto

you hope that 7 overall pick becomes a Nylander calibre player.

Nylander > Pick 7
Pick 15 > Wood+foote
= no dice

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Doesn’t Nylander want to be a center? That’s not likely to happen with NJ.

no, he does not. He seems perfectly content to be a RW alongside Matthews/Tavares

this isnt a domi type situation. The kid can play center but honestly looked better on the wing.

doesnt chance the fact this trade doesnt make much sense for toronto. Nylander only gets moved for a similar talent dman, not a 3rd line winger + moving up a few spots in a draft where there isnt much of a difference between picks 4-15ish

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
ooof this is a hard pass from toronto

you hope that 7 overall pick becomes a Nylander calibre player.

Yeah and if he is we have him for three years at $1 million before he's an RFA, rather than four years at $7 million before he's a UFA.

Nylander > Pick 7
Pick 15 > Wood+foote
= no dice

Maybe. Four weeks ago I didn't think Kapanen was worth the 15th pick. I think you can argue that Foote is much closer to being in the NHL than the players that will be available at 15, and thus might make more sense for a team that's trying to build a win-now team around a core that's both elite and expensive.

It seems like the value here for the Leafs is the 6 ELC years for #7 and Foote. To your point, there is a good chance that #7 won't be as good as WN, and I understand Leafs fans that don't feel the risk is worth it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad