Proposal: Toronto and New Jersey

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
:leafs

To Leafs: 7th overall

We are a win now team.
We've been making rental deals before the playoffs for a few years now.
Management expects this well paid team to win the Cup.

We cant acquire picks. They are of no use to our WIN NOW team.

Reactions: Smitty426

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
They are getting a top 15 pick and 24 year old, consistent 60 point nhl scorer in return.
A 24 year old holds less value to the Devils than an 18 year old with higher potential than Nylander

Even if the 18 year old may not pan out

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Not just another Leafs proposal but another Leafs proposal with William Nylander in it.
This is the 4th proposal on the front page of the trade board that has Nylander in a Leafs deal. He’s already been pitched to Montreal, Colorado, Philadelphia and now New Jersey.
I know Nylander is sofT in the playoffs but dayyum Leaf fans enough with the Nylander proposals talk about beating a dead horse.:deadhorse
Nobody wants overpaid charmin softness.:surrender
Nylander is not overpaid - Mitch Marner is overpaid

Leafs should keep Nylander and move Marner

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
A 24 year old holds less value to the Devils than an 18 year old with higher potential than Nylander

Even if the 18 year old may not pan out

It's seriously moving down 8 spots...a number of which, you could possibly make back up by packaging 15 + 18 together.

Not to mention, you could make the potential claim on just about everyone in the first round. That's why they are referred to as magic beans.

I get that people may not like Nylander...that makes sense to me. But the idea that this is somehow worse for a rebuild I don't quite understand, tbh. This in particular seems like a massive overvaluing of a draft pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
It's seriously moving down 8 spots...a number of which, you could possibly make back up by packaging 15 + 18 together.

Not to mention, you could make the potential claim on just about everyone in the first round. That's why they are referred to as magic beans.
Specifically for this draft the top-9/10 is a step above the rest, according to most scouts, and nothing says Nylander has to re-sign with us when his deal ends. Thus the 18 year old would be on an ELC or his first real contract by the time were a contender whereas Nylander would be either on his way out of expecting a pay raise

Im not saying 24 year olds dont fit the timeline for us but when its that or an 18 year old with high-end 1st line/pair upside whos age falls in line with Nico/Jack better (19/21), Id rather keep the #7 and explore Severson for him (not that I want to move defenseman but thats what Toronto needs)

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Once that happens, teams know they need cap soace, value of nylander drop.

The value of a player actively on the market will be determined by buyers, how many team interest and how serious they are.

Yes GM can try to drop value but you just need one gm telling ok i really want nylander so i will raise my offer, a second, third, fourth gm do the same thing and value of nylander will raise exactly like what happening with kasperi kapanen.

Ok just talk about nylander against 7th overall pick. No way in an other situation than pietrangelo signing with leafs toronto accept to think about a possibility to do that kind of trade. NYR grab 8th overall pick and deangelo for stepan (6,5M) and unproven goalie as Rantta so PLEASE dont tell me leafs can have something like that for willie!!!
Nylander >>>Stepan

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
This deal is already tilted in NJs favor a little bit.
giphy.gif

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
The draft is before the UFA period though, so a trade involving this years picks would happen first.

But the premise was on PA being signed which doesn’t happen till after the draft. If you know he will sign before UFA opens screams tampering.

After he is signed thrn teams know the laughs are in a cap crunch and not return as much.

Sparksrus3

NYI - THE TEAM WITH NO ❤️
Jun 2, 2012
No. We’re rebuilding. Why would a rebuilding team give up a top 10 pick and one of their top prospects.

because the Leafs want you to . You know the HFLeafs game is played so just play along . Devils keep Severson and he is still there when they are very good in a few years while Toronto ices 8 - $10 million a year skaters and bring back Darcy Tucker and Tomas Kaberle to fill a roster spots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->