Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Severson
7ova

For

15 ova
Nylander makes sense
It doesn't because it's NJ digging one hole to fill another. Adding Nylander would be splendid but moving Severson to do so takes away one of the two regular NHL defenseman they have, plus he's on a team friendly deal and is solid despite what a lot of the "fans" want to admit.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
I get not liking nylander as a player, and I'd understand that argument, but the rebuilding stuff is kind of silly for this trade given what the devils are getting.

Considering the devils can't score as it is, the argument of adding skill is also a bit silly

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Sure, I guess that's not better than being one of the worst teams in the NHL consistently over last few years. I can see what there is to complain about.
Don't get me wrong, I understood the response my post would get, and it's warranted. But I'd rather take the time and build a core instead of having 2-3 insanely good players and filling in around them with odds and ends.

Also by the time we are ready to compete, I'm hoping we don't get shoved out the door the second we step into playoff hockey.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
This doesn’t solve any of the Devils more pressing problems on defense but if you’re going to put the 15OA in there you kind of have to take it. I guess the Devils brass may want to see who’s there at 7 before pulling the trigger but the Leafs get so hosed here they may just take it and run. I’m agreeing on value though, it’s not a pleasing fantasy, unlike the 7OA’s and Foote’s imaginary future exploits. (I bet they aren’t soft!)

Reactions: ER89 and Forge

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
This doesn’t solve any of the Devils more pressing problems on defense but if you’re going to put the 15OA in there you kind of have to take it. I guess the Devils brass may want to see who’s there at 7 before pulling the trigger but the Leafs get so hosed here they may just take it and run.

I get that the Leafs get the short end of the stick here to an extent but we gain the cap space required to fill our biggest need which is RHD (Pieterangelo).

It absolutely sucks to lose Nylander. He's a really good player who the Devil's would absolutely be thrilled with because I think he'll score even more with them with added ice time.

For Toronto, if we can it allows them to to grab Drysdale, Sanderson, or even Askarov if they really want him, while getting some toughness they lack in Miles Wood and Nolan Foote, who shouldn't be far away.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Just what this forum needed....another Leafs proposal!
Not just another Leafs proposal but another Leafs proposal with William Nylander in it.
This is the 4th proposal on the front page of the trade board that has Nylander in a Leafs deal. He’s already been pitched to Montreal, Colorado, Philadelphia and now New Jersey.
I know Nylander is sofT in the playoffs but dayyum Leaf fans enough with the Nylander proposals talk about beating a dead horse.:deadhorse
Nobody wants overpaid charmin softness.:surrender

Reactions: REM17

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I get that the Leafs get the short end of the stick here to an extent but we gain the cap space required to fill our biggest need which is RHD (Pieterangelo).

It absolutely sucks to lose Nylander. He's a really good player who the Devil's would absolutely be thrilled with because I think he'll score even more with them with added ice time.

For Toronto, if we can it allows them to to grab Drysdale, Sanderson, or even Askarov if they really want him, while getting some toughness they lack in Miles Wood and Nolan Foote, who shouldn't be far away.
You’re only flaw, if it can be called a flaw, is that you’re too generous a soul because I don’t believe the Leafs would include the 15th pick in the return. That pick makes this trade a lot easier for me to agree to even if we’re losing out of a top tier pick.

The fact that I’m sort of at peace with it probably means it’s a bit too much in the Devils favor but I also feel we aren’t a top six scorer away so I’m not into selling the farm for a 24 yo who’s only signed for four more years. In fact, I’d say the uncertainty of next years season makes it even less appealing because then it‘s potentially just three.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
No, he's definitely not a center. That has been tried, and failed

If he thinks he’s a center it’s still an issue. If he thinks he should push Hischier or Hughes to wing for him I think that would have to be discussed with the agent before any trade is completed. He’s a wonderfully skilled player but I don’t want him unless he will be happy with how he is deployed. He’s paid too much and would be counted on as a core piece and has to be treated accordingly.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
If he thinks he’s a center it’s still an issue. If he thinks he should push Hischier or Hughes to wing for him I think that would have to be discussed with the agent before any trade is completed. He’s a wonderfully skilled player but I don’t want him unless he will be happy with how he is deployed. He’s paid too much and would be counted on as a core piece and has to be treated accordingly.

I've never heard of him being upset about it. Domi, on the other hand....

Leafs fans can answer better than me, but I've never heard of him being disgruntled about being a wing

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->