shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
66z49y.jpg

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Just back from game. Brutal. Most crowded i have seen the building this year though.

Lots of things to pick at, but the biggest thing is our defense is slow and loses puck battles. Orlov was worst i have seen him. Fever is gassed for sure losing puck battles like he did to start the Rangers game. Kempny is also really bad right now. Turns everything into a puck battle even when it shouldn’t be. Just no flow.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Leafs Top Caps Late, 5-3 (nhl.com)
The loss extends Washington's home ice losing streak to six straight, all in regulation. It's the Caps' longest home losing streak since they moved to downtown D.C. nearly a quarter of a century ago....

The last time the Caps lost six straight home games in regulation, they were getting their mail in Landover, Maryland and they had yet to play in their first Stanley Cup playoff game. From Oct. 14-Nov. 11, 1981, the Caps lost seven straight home games, all in regulation.
Kudos.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Maybe the need a full system switch maybe not as radical as Hunter Hockey but start trapping more. It is obvious they cannot handle the top teams speed. Amazed how many odd man breaks come out of no where.

Reactions: Neil Racki

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Fehervary has been bad lately. I think he still ends up being good but man he loses a lot of battles still. His endurance is certainly being tested.

Kempny sucks too. They need a LHD and should make a move to acquire one, with an eye towards next year as well

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
For the past few weeks I'm watching games until the first goal by the opponent.
It happens quickly in the game.
Then I can watch the score in the NHL app, move forward to see the goals and that's all.
Was surprised to see that they've scored 3 goals.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
For the past few weeks I'm watching games until the first goal by the opponent.
It happens quickly in the game.
Then I can watch the score in the NHL app, move forward to see the goals and that's all.
Was surprised to see that they've scored 3 goals.
I stopped watching complete games about a month ago. If I’m going to watch bad hockey I want it to be going somewhere. I want it to be kids developing, a team building. I don’t want to watch a team going nowhere with no future, get worse.

Reactions: ClevelandCapsfan

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
They’re not a team right now. Too many guys adding no or negative value. Carlson and Fever were awful. Too many breakdowns in coverage. Way too many lost battles in the corners or in front of the net. Everything they do looks hard.

Honestly pretty apathetic about all of it right now. Too much other shit going on to get too worked up about it.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
They’re not a team right now.

. Too much other shit going on to get too worked up about it.
And Ted does not really care about that. He thinks we’ll pay big bucks for seats to watch an increasingly immobile Ovie pursue the goal-scoring record. Did you like that Ovie goal with one minute to play against NY in a 4-1 loss. Welcome to the future.
Agree with your last point wholeheartedly

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Maybe the need a full system switch maybe not as radical as Hunter Hockey but start trapping more. It is obvious they cannot handle the top teams speed. Amazed how many odd man breaks come out of no where.
Toronto must have beaten out 3 icings last night and turned them into near scoring opportunities.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Just back from game. Brutal. Most crowded i have seen the building this year though.

Lots of things to pick at, but the biggest thing is our defense is slow and loses puck battles. Orlov was worst i have seen him. Fever is gassed for sure losing puck battles like he did to start the Rangers game. Kempny is also really bad right now. Turns everything into a puck battle even when it shouldn’t be. Just no flow.
Fever, Jensen, Orlov, and TVR are not slow. Schultz (when playing) is not slow. I don’t think defensive speed is a general problem, it just looked accentuated last night because of the opponent.

Yes Fever was gassed probably because of chasing their forwards along the boards all day. When we were giving pucks away left and right that easily should have exited the zone we gave them another 30 seconds of cycling. Orlov has not been himself.

This defense has been good most of the season but they are not a “build from the defense” group. Meaning not the type of defense that can handle forwards being crappy and still win you 2-1 games. Let along the shaky goaltending. Our forwards are by and large awful defensively. Through the neutral zone, in the d-zone. Everyone blames Carlson for the Tavares play but it was Eller who completely got his ankles broken first. Then CMM standing around. Then OV standing around on the GWG.

Unless Lavi really changes something systemically (or via major trade) this team won’t make the playoffs let alone make noise. It’s not an issue of just “playing better”, they don’t have the horses to do this.

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
This team has me so disinterested in hockey right now. I just check NHL.com every 30 minutes, see we are losing and go back to watching the news. Ukraine/Russia coverage is much more interesting.

HurricaneFanatic

Jan 16, 2020
Has Ovi actually started a decline this season? Don't get me wrong, he started hot but he seems different now than he did before Christmas.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Has Ovi actually started a decline this season? Don't get me wrong, he started hot but he seems different now than he did before Christmas.
Well the entire team has sucked in 2022. But I'd say Ovi likely overproduced to start the year and is now underproducing to levels that I think are somewhat unlucky. His on ice shot % has dropped significantly in the new year, the lowest amongst all skaters which i don't think sustains itself. More goals should go in soon, i would hope

HurricaneFanatic

Jan 16, 2020
And Ted does not really care about that. He thinks we’ll pay big bucks for seats to watch an increasingly immobile Ovie pursue the goal-scoring record. Did you like that Ovie goal with one minute to play against NY in a 4-1 loss. Welcome to the future.
Agree with your last point wholeheartedly
I don't think he gets there. Gordie is the goal now.

HurricaneFanatic

Jan 16, 2020
Well the entire team has sucked in 2022. But I'd say Ovi likely overproduced to start the year and is now underproducing to levels that I think are somewhat unlucky. His on ice shot % has dropped significantly in the new year, the lowest amongst all skaters which i don't think sustains itself. More goals should go in soon, i would hope
I dunno man. This just seems like more. But you are likely right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad