GDT: TOR @ WSH - 7:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I’m no fan of Lavi. But I honestly don’t think any coach can win with this old slow roster. The game is too fast these days. Our only hope would be if we had a vezina level goalie.

The problem is that they dominated 80% of this game. If they were focused on defense, this is likely a 3-0 or 3-1 win. Speed is one thing but all the fundamentals are missing, and the commitment to the task is non existant.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
The problem is that they dominated 80% of this game. If they were focused on defense, this is likely a 3-0 or 3-1 win. Speed is one thing but all the fundamentals are missing, and the commitment to the task is non existant.
I don’t think they dominated that much. I think Toronto went up two early, took the foot off the gas, and then when it was tied applied pressure again.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Fehrevary has really hit a rut. Almost to a man our players have regressed. I DO put that on coaching, especially the assistant coaches. When guys come in playing better than after they are under your tutelage for longer, there’s a problem.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Their post game pressers are about as predictable as their game…. Wonder what they will say tonight ha.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
Name the player...

Loves to stare at his stick after making a pass
Failed to clear the zone (4+ times)
Attempted to enter blue zone 1v4
Lazy line change leading to 4th GA

Go!

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I don’t think they dominated that much. I think Toronto went up two early, took the foot off the gas, and then when it was tied applied pressure again.

1st period was mostly in our favor except for 2 shifts, and they scored 3 on us. 2nd period was pretty much all Caps. 3rd period, Leafs didn’t do much but Ovi lost his assignment and that was the game.

This should’ve been a 3-0 or 3-1 win. 1st Leafs goal was a great play by Marner, all other goals were served on a platter. Holl’s goal was ridiculous, a defensive defenseman just chilling all alone in the blue paint and he taps it in. Even I could’ve scored that goal.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

Went back and checked, looks like it was Carlson. The line change didn't bother me so much, but him going 1 vs 4 against the Leafs D highlights just how terrible his decision making is.

Meanwhile on the stat sheet he racked up 3 assists. Worst 3 point game of all time.

Reactions: troyerlaw

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
Went back and checked, looks like it was Carlson. The line change didn't bother me so much, but him going 1 vs 4 against the Leafs D highlights just how terrible his decision making is.

Meanwhile on the stat sheet he racked up 3 assists. Worst 3 point game of all time.

I'm convinced that's the only reason he's on the PP. Someone is convinced his stat line proves he's an effective player. Meanwhile, the eye test shows he's FULL ON SHIAT the past 3 years.

Reactions: Ovie's Neighbor

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I'm convinced that's the only reason he's on the PP. Someone is convinced his stat line proves he's an effective player. Meanwhile, the eye test shows he's FULL ON SHIAT the past 3 years.

He was much better pre-COVID, around 2018 and 2019. He wasn't as slow and he was better at moving the puck up the ice, which made his defensive lapses less apparent. Last year and this year, he's been getting exposed badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad