Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Wayne Simmonds signs with the Maple Leafs (1 year, $1.5M, NMC)

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Why would you give him a NMC?

He was given permission to speak to teams prior to free agency by BUF

Great deal for the Leafs. No risk, low cost, and the kind of big body vet we need.

As I said earlier his job will be to park his ass in front of the net and tangle it up with the D on the PP, and just play an energy role for a few ES shifts a game

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
That was fast. Signed for about double what I wanted to give him.

He is a 4th liner or 13th forward at this point but he certainly fills a need. That said adding 2 RHD is a bigger need for me

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Perry also had a NMC for most of last season with the Stars. So its very much in the same mold.

Reactions: TopChedder

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
This is just the biggest catch the leafs have made in a LONG WHILE! :clap: We all love life now and I did it! We all did it! Got our will through :clap: Congratulations to all of us. Wayne will CHANGE EVERYTHANG. For life. He already stated it. Already ordered my jersey and will be selling them hard after this one. The market is big. Invest big tyme on it. Simmonds changed leafs atmoshphere forever back to the pat quinn ones. Also the energy.

Mui importantte this one. We WON.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Gally played over 2 minutes/game on the PP this past season.
You are correct. Seems like my brain just can't handle our atrocious powerplay and turns off.

Gallagher is generally seen as ineffective on the PP, but again, it might be our awful PP tactics that's at fault.

Anyways, Simmonds signed with the Leafs.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Milan Lucic and Wayne Simmonds would be a sight to see.
Reunite these monsters.

451489.jpg

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
He is really not a very good hockey player. I get he has name recognition and this is a cheap deal, but it's cheap due to the fact he has less than 20 points over the past 3 seasons combined.

Reactions: Morrison

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad