Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Wayne Simmonds signs with the Maple Leafs (1 year, $1.5M, NMC)

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Glad to hear he's doing well. He brings that something that TML have lacked. I hate the Flyers, but watching he and Dubinsky (NYR years) battle was a blast. The guy is a soldier.

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
3 of those 5 goals have come on the power play...

At even strength, he's -4 on the season which is the worst on the team... the next worst is -1

He has 0 assists in 12 games

We'll take him back...........

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Bogosian will retaliate
He’d have to be pushed into it I think . I’m only ribbing yous but I’ll stop . I hated when yous signed simmonds . We got 5 guys who could go with simmonds but no body who can take him type thing . He’s tough . It was good to see him doing well to . I think he’ll be missed. Never wanna see any one get injured especially where he was doing well .

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
He’d have to be pushed into it I think . I’m only ribbing yous but I’ll stop . I hated when yous signed simmonds . We got 5 guys who could go with simmonds but no body who can take him type thing . He’s tough . It was good to see him doing well to . I think he’ll be missed. Never wanna see any one get injured especially where he was doing well .

No problem i just think Bogosian or Muzzin might have a few things to say.

As for Simmonds injury, yeah it sucks no question about it but I think we have enough depth to withstand the injury, Engvall is on the Taxi squad, Robertson and Thornton are close to returning, Travis Boyd has been fantastic there is enough there to cover the injury.

It's not a killer but no question it sucks.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
No problem i just think Bogosian or Muzzin might have a few things to say.

As for Simmonds injury, yeah it sucks no question about it but I think we have enough depth to withstand the injury, Engvall is on the Taxi squad, Robertson and Thornton are close to returning, Travis Boyd has been fantastic there is enough there to cover the injury.

It's not a killer but no question it sucks.
I firmly believe you gotta have a couple guys that will step up for your stars when they get roughened up . I don’t think the Habs are aiming towards cheap shots or anything. Penalties will be a factor for sure . Looking forward to Wednesday nite . Good luck

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I’d only play him on special teams and leave it at that. Someone takes a run at one of your boys, send him out and your problem goes away.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
So, I was right... you aren't comprehending it

I never said he should sign a hometown discount...

I said Toronto shouldn't have offered more than the league minimum

Maybe Toronto knows something you don’t and paid the money for a reason.

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
Dubas killed it on the supporting signings. That's how you do it. Not 3 million to a 4th liner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->