Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Wayne Simmonds signs with the Maple Leafs (1 year, $1.5M, NMC)

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
I don't understand how Simmonds is a fit on the Habs unless they're just trying to troll the Leafs? They just got more muscle up front with Anderson. They need to add actual skill. Leafs are obviously a better fit.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
As a Toronto fan, I can't imagine MTL adding Simmonds to an already much larger roster....
As a Toronto fan, I would hope we don't pay anything above league minimum. $1 m is too much.

I'm more interested in what we do to address our blueline. On that front, we need every penny we can get to make the cap work.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
If he ends up in Montreal as a bottom six player, and Montreal has real interest in Janmark, then at the very least Byron and Weal are gone. Just no other way.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I don't understand how Simmonds is a fit on the Habs unless they're just trying to troll the Leafs? They just got more muscle up front with Anderson. They need to add actual skill. Leafs are obviously a better fit.

I know we lack top end talent, but top end talent doesn't just fall on your laps. Wayne Simmonds on the other hands...
It's ok, it's small steps in the right direction. Why not add Simmonds if he can help on the 3rd or 4th for one year, or for a couple years for cheap? Our depth is horrendous and the RW even worst. Legit Anderson and Simmonds would immediately become our 2nd and 3rd best RWingers.

If he ends up in Montreal as a bottom six player, and Montreal has real interest in Janmark, then at the very least Byron and Weal are gone. Just no other way.

And that would be awesome. Weal is not an NHL player and Byron is ... Byron. Good player but honestly if we can improve why not.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
I know we lack top end talent, but top end talent doesn't just fall on your laps. Wayne Simmonds on the other hands...
It's ok, it's small steps in the right direction. Why not add Simmonds if he can help on the 3rd or 4th for one year, or for a couple years for cheap? Our depth is horrendous and the RW even worst. Legit Anderson and Simmonds would immediately become our 2nd and 3rd best RWingers.

And that would be awesome. Weal is not an NHL player and Byron is ... Byron. Good player but honestly if we can improve why not.

I'm all for being more difficult to play. Wayne, if healthy, can do that. Can be a net presence. Byron would have value for teams looking to add a swiss army knife player with a ton of speed. He's not cheap, but we're seeing salary dumps today.

Reactions: abo9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad