Confirmed with Link: [TOR/VAN] Josh Leivo for Michael Carcone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
Marincin has no value and would not get us a return.
Brown plays the PK
Ennis likely to stay on the PP
Gautier plays a position that we need in case of injury

Leivo was the guy who would be replaced on the right side on the PP and did not PK. Also could get a return for him.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Are you his new hype man (woman)?

Nah, just sick of reading people constantly rip on every insider not named Mckenzie. They relay info they are given that often goes nowhere or throw tidbits of false info out for teams as favours to get info later on. What they report to the fans is only part of their job and the fans take serious offense when they miss in something.

Reactions: nobody

Shanty

July hockey is where bridges are burned
Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
Carcone is 22 years old. Has had a very good start to his AHL season.

Would of rathered just waive Holl TBH

We just have so many wingers, and you need that defensive depth in the playoffs.

Don't love the return, but get it.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
#Depth

I think it's less about who's better, it's about giving Leivo his shot somewhere else since he's been a good trooper and sitting him in the press box again would be awful.

The value back could be a lot more beneficial than waiving/clearing a body like Marincin, even if it's just a mid round pick.
Maybe it really is about Leivo getting a shot somewhere else.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Maybe we can finally stop hearing about how Leivo is basically Rick Nash in his prime, he just needs a chance.

He got his chance this year, and did really well with it, and it earned him a trade and, hopefully, an extended look in the NHL.

So, yes, I think he proved many people who said he just needs a chance, were right.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I thought he was all class about what happened. It would of been difficult last year. I know they make a lot of money, even just to sit, but the guy just wanted his chance.

Hopefully he'll get a better opportunity now.

See you in about a month Leivo.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Explain to me why we need 8 D men again? One of which has already cleared waivers before?

Suppose it's the difference between getting a return versus the potential of losing a player to waivers for nothing. Of course, we've also now taken a player out of the lineup with the trade. Not a big deal either way, even if it wasn't the path I thought they'd choose.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Leivo fits well in the Van line up. He will play. good luck tohim

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Wasn't Dreger the guy who said about 10-15 minutes before 5PM that the feeling in the organization that a Nylander contract wasn't happening? Then he "broke" it at about the same time everyone else did. Maybe it wasn't him, not 100% sure but speaking for myself, no I don't expect perfection, in fact I don't expect anything at all. But I would also add that I'm not impressed in general with these "insiders. They're entertainers, nothing more than that.

Except for when they break news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad