Confirmed with Link: [TOR/VAN] Josh Leivo for Michael Carcone

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Explain to me why we need 8 D men again? One of which has already cleared waivers before?

#Depth

I think it's less about who's better, it's about giving Leivo his shot somewhere else since he's been a good trooper and sitting him in the press box again would be awful.

The value back could be a lot more beneficial than waiving/clearing a body like Marincin, even if it's just a mid round pick.

Reactions: DoobieDubas

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
I guess in the long term Leivo might not be able to keep a spot in the lineup, not being a center and with players like Grundstrom and Engvall knocking on the door, but seriously... Justin Holl over Josh Leivo?
Leivo has spent the majority of the last couple years in the press box. It’s not fair to him to stick him there again

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Josh has been the consummate pro the last few years here - even when things weren't going his way, you never heard a peep from him, and when he got his chances, he tried to make the most of them.

Sad to see him go, but extremely pleased for him on a personal level - let's hope this gives him his deserved shot of being an NHL regular

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I'd just like to say that Dreger has broke this and also the Nylander signing. I know he isn't as on top of things as he once was, but everyone expects perfection from these guys and takes it personally when they aren't.

So for him (and Friedman), I'd like to relay to everyone to suck it.
Again, nobody has questioned Dreger's ability to break news. That's what he is actually good at it. The poor speculation and rumour mongering are what people have an issue with.

Reactions: DoobieDubas

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
Isn’t he the only Leafs to drop the gloves this year?

Yep. Now the Leafs have no one with a fight this season. It’s almost impossible to construct a roster this soft. Dubas is achieving the impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad