Confirmed with Link: [TOR/STL] TOR acquires RD Jordan Schmaltz from STL for LD Andreas Borgman

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Is Michael Stone any better than Schmaltz?
RHD just bought out by Calgary for Salaray Cap purposes...plus he might suck

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
In general, this trade seems like shifting handedness on depth defensemen.

Specifically, I liked Borgman. He brought a physical element and I thought he was pretty decent in his first season.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
If Borgman played the right side, he'd have already been on the team. Same for Rosen. The team only needs one 3rd pairing port sider (Dermott) for the 2019-20 season.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Is Michael Stone any better than Schmaltz?
RHD just bought out by Calgary for Salaray Cap purposes...plus he might suck

One guy sounds like a Mike Babcock d-man, the other guy screams Kyle Dubas D-Man.

Michael Stone SCOUTING REPORT
Has ideal National Hockey League size and displays an all-around game from the back end. Also owns a very good point shot. Can also be a physical force. At times, he has a tendency to try to do too much with the puck (which gets him into trouble in the defensive zone). Must become more consistent.
Long Range Potential:Big, inconsistent all-around defenseman.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Michael Stone Stats, Profile, Bio, Analysis and More | | The Sports Forecaster

Jordan Schmaltz SCOUTING REPORT
Has excellent instincts with the puck, a good point shot and plenty of offensive ability. He sees the ice very well, too. Also owns a projectable 6-2 frame and some physicality to his game. Must fill out and become much stronger in order to maximize NHL production, especially in terms of his ability to consistently defend against bigger National Hockey League forwards.
Long Range Potential: Talented, offensive defenseman with some upside.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Jordan Schmaltz Stats, Profile, Bio, Analysis and More | Toronto Maple Leafs | The Sports Forecaster

Frelimo

Jul 6, 2012
Toronto
If Borgman played the right side, he'd have already been on the team. Same for Rosen. The team only needs one 3rd pairing port sider (Dermott) for the 2019-20 season.

Think we might need more than one, especially since Dermott won't even start the season

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Good time to see what Harpur or that Kivi guy has imo
both LD, I think the #6 RD depth with NHL experience looks something like....Holl, Schmaltz, Marincin (can play both sides) with Liljegren hoping to take a spot in camp.

#5 LD depth without Dermott is Harpur, Gravel, Marincin,with hopefully "Kivi" making a surprise debut to NA.

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
both LD, I think the #6 RD depth with NHL experience looks something like....Holl, Schmaltz, Marincin (can play both sides) with Liljegren hoping to take a spot in camp.

#5 LD depth without Dermott is Harpur, Gravel, Marincin,with hopefully "Kivi" making a surprise debut to NA.
Not sure bottom pairing sheltered minutes would be that bad with two lefty’s. We get hung up on it a lot but there are many players in the league who play on their off side (complete hot take without proof.....hoping I’m not wrong lol)

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
all right sign shatty and our D is all set.

Muzzin-Barrie
Rielly-Shattenkirk
Dermott-Ceci
*Harper-Schmaltz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad