LeBrun: TOR STILL! scouting Canes...will it ever end...looking at an RD or Ferland...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Uh...we don't. He's the media's reported favored target of Dubas. Yup, he's such garbage...only one of the best defensive defenseman in the NHL.

If we were going to try to force anybody down your throats for an over-payment, it'd be Justin Faulk.

Then lets kill this thread. Cuz no one in Toronto wants Pesce and Hurricanes fans wanna hold on to him.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
If Toronto is still scouting the Canes, it's most definitely for Ferland.

But it looks like the Canes are gonna make a massive mistake by holding on to him for a run to the 9th seed

Toronto can't pay for another rental with a 1st. And if the price for other rentals is a 1st, the Canes are better off hanging onto Ferland than dealing him for a 2nd and then giving up a 1st for another rental for a playoff run.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Toronto can't pay for another rental with a 1st. And if the price for other rentals is a 1st, the Canes are better off hanging onto Ferland than dealing him for a 2nd and then giving up a 1st for another rental for a playoff run.

Leafs definitely have the assets to get Ferland even without the 1st.

But the question is whether or not the Hurricanes even put him on the block

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Leafs definitely have the assets to get Ferland even without the 1st.

But the question is whether or not the Hurricanes even put him on the block

Unless you're dealing one of the "untouchable" forwards, I don't see what replaces the asking price of "1st plus prospect" when you don't have your first.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Canes fans a few months ago : ”We want Nylander for Pesce, Kapanen won’t cut it”

Canes fans now: ”Forget Nylander, give us some of that Kappy” hahah

Reactions: Dog

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Unless you're dealing one of the "untouchable" forwards, I don't see what replaces the asking price of "1st plus prospect" when you don't have your first.

I mean overpayments can happen....(not that Im advocating for it)

You dont think a Brown + Rasanen + Bracco + 2nd + 3rd can be equivalent to a 1st plus prospect?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

Though based on the market it seems as if no other team is interested in paying a 1st for him, hence all the new talk about maybe the Canes keeping him for the playoff push

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I mean overpayments can happen....(not that Im advocating for it)

You dont think a Brown + Rasanen + Bracco + 2nd + 3rd can be equivalent to a 1st plus prospect?

The Canes have plenty of prospects on the best team in the AHL. None of those are going to replace getting a 1st.

And of course you're throwing in a RD. Because that's exactly what will entice the Canes, another prospect to add behind Pesce and Hamilton and Faulk and Fox and McKeown and Martin.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Though based on the market it seems as if no other team is interested in paying a 1st for him, hence all the new talk about maybe the Canes keeping him for the playoff push

As I said earlier, if every team is looking for a 1st for the rentals, it's better to hold Ferland than deal him for less and then go hunting for a rental at higher prices.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
The Canes have plenty of prospects on the best team in the AHL. None of those are going to replace getting a 1st.

And of course you're throwing in a RD. Because that's exactly what will entice the Canes, another prospect to add behind Pesce and Hamilton and Faulk and Fox and McKeown and Martin.

No team is going to trade their 1st for a Rental. Especially not Ferland.

Only rental player I can see bringing back a 1st is Panarin

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
No team is going to trade their 1st for a Rental. Especially not Ferland.

Only rental player I can see bringing back a 1st is Panarin

Gotta disagree there, many bring back late 1sts. I can see Winnipeg, Nashville and a few others all dealing firsts. The arms race will raise prices.

HC7

May 2, 2018
Since Pesce is soooo good you guys should keep him, and trade Slavin.

Oh yeah, Pesce gets carried by Slavin. Overrated.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
So starting in capitals doesn't tell you its be more than those listed. I dont get how several of you missed the only word in capitals lol

We didn’t miss it. “Starting with” usually means those are the main pieces and something else of lesser value will be added. We don’t want more small pieces.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Soon or later leafs will add another defenseman. We need to get Zaitsev out and hopefully make a deal to improve. If we want any chance in playoffs.

Reactions: Fogelhund

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Nylander or Kadri which they will not do. These are the only two forwards on the leafs we are interested in on the leafs for Dougie or Pesce. Not including AM, MM, and JT in that concversation for obvious reasons.

The end
This is not true. Matthews and Marner would also interest Carolina for sure. Probably even Tavares. But I fully understand, why you didn't mention them.:naughty:

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011

Funny we won the Calder cup and only a few guys missing are contributing in the NHL..lap, johsson, dermott and Sparks. But when we say Johnsson, Lily, a 1st and a roster guy ( unsure who its be) its apparently spare parts because their name isnt Nylander

And btw that extra piece is probably one of our million LHD maybe take lily out add bracco for Hamilton and I think we are over paying a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad