LeBrun: TOR STILL! scouting Canes...will it ever end...looking at an RD or Ferland...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
We’re good just keeping them. If you don’t want to give up Kadri or Nylander then you don’t get Pesce or Dougie.

You can have Faulk for Kapanen (as a starting point there could be adds to even this out) or something around Johnsson and a pick or prospect.

That’s about it

Pieterangelo is 10x better then both those D and we wouldn't give up Nylander. We especially wont before a playoff run which you guys wont be in. Oh well we disagree let's wait it out and see

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
You guys are nuts. Kadri maybe not Nylander. We wouldn't even trade Nylander for Pieterangelo. We wont be hunting Hamilton after July..you guys will not make the post season and have a surplus of RHD guaranteed a deal done before Feb 25th with the leafs or not one of those 2 D are gone

Cool. Go find someone else to pawn Johnsson, Brown and a 2nd off on and the Canes will keep Hamilton and Pesce. They can both quite easily stay in fact, Faulk or TVR go instead.

Reactions: GIN ANTONIC

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Pieterangelo is 10x better then both those D and we wouldn't give up Nylander. We especially wont before a playoff run which you guys wont be in. Oh well we disagree let's wait it out and see

Again, we are absolutely fine to not deal them. We don’t want to trade Pesce or Hamilton. We are happy to move Faulk but either he’s not a target for the leafs or the teams value him differently. It’s ok. We will just keep our players. No hard feelings man

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Penaltykiller17

Apr 21, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Again, we are absolutely fine to not deal them. We don’t want to trade Pesce or Hamilton. We are happy to move Faulk but either he’s not a target for the leafs or the teams value him differently. It’s ok. We will just keep our players. No hard feelings man

You don’t get it Gin? We have to give Toronto what they want. It doesn’t matter what they give back.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
im surprised johnsons value is lower then kappys on the trade board.
they should be about equal. Kappy has the pedigree but all in all they are similar in value different in the roles they play.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
I'm just going to stop with proposals and such ...as I said pretty well 100% of them ..me included aren't close to right.

What would anyone hear have thought leafs needed to give up to get Muzzin. I remember seeing the same it has to kadri or nylander business. If that isnt proof I dont know how else to explain it

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Yeah, Leafs got Muzzin without giving up a Nylander, Kapanen or Liljegren. They aren't going to trade one of them for a Pesce. It's over.

Reactions: OVO16

Penaltykiller17

Apr 21, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Yeah, Leafs got Muzzin without giving up a Nylander, Kapanen or Liljegren. They aren't going to trade one of them for a Pesce. It's over.

And Carolina isn’t going to trade Pesce/Hamilton for whoever. Big difference in what LA and Carolina needs. Just because you’re getting player x for futures doesn’t mean you get player y for the same. Now it’s over.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia

Different return player (24 years with a contract signed for another 5 seasons), but by adding Muzzin's$4M and then Pesce's $4.025 they'll need to make a corresponding move from the roster for roster spots this season, and then for salary next season.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Different return player (24 years with a contract signed for another 5 seasons), but by adding Muzzin's$4M and then Pesce's $4.025 they'll need to make a corresponding move from the roster for roster spots this season, and then for salary next season.

I dont even want Pesce I think Hamilton would be a bit cheaper and more experienced for a deep run

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
I dont even want Pesce I think Hamilton would be a bit cheaper and more experienced for a deep run

Hamilton is one year older, has a significantly higher AAV, so the need to remove salary for next season is even more, and again you still need to remove a player from the roster for the roster spot.
It actually makes the problem worse.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
And Carolina isn’t going to trade Pesce/Hamilton for whoever. Big difference in what LA and Carolina needs. Just because you’re getting player x for futures doesn’t mean you get player y for the same. Now it’s over.

I thought Carolina needs offense, Johnsson has 27pts in his last 32gp. He is a hell of a lot better than what LA got.

Hamilton was never a target, not once was he ever even rumored to be someone the Leafs were looking at.

It'll be some small trade if anything most likely.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Pesce is garbage. Dont even know why Hurricanes fans wanna keep shoving him down our throats

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Come on Hurricane fans make a proposal. Nylander isnt going for any of your D we wouldn't trade him for Piterangelo..so no way he goes for Hamilton or Pesce and tbh I think our target is Hamilton. Go for it make a proposal..it won't happen is almost 100% of anyone's proposals come true.

Here's a proposal: Pesce for Huberdeau. Both young, both signed long-term, both fill a need on the other team, both rumored to "be available" although each team would rather deal players signed for less term (Hoffman, Faulk.)

Beat that if you want Pesce.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Canes have Pesce playing the left side now and he has been excellent. We no longer have a real need to clear an RHD. These threads need to stop.

Canes need scoring and offensive creativity, and the Leafs could use a defensive minded RHD that can play in the top 4....these threads will never end

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I'm just going to stop with proposals and such ...as I said pretty well 100% of them ..me included aren't close to right.

What would anyone hear have thought leafs needed to give up to get Muzzin. I remember seeing the same it has to kadri or nylander business. If that isnt proof I dont know how else to explain it

The flip flopping on Muzzin from Leaf haters was truly hilarious to read.

Before he got traded, it was "Johnsson/Kapanen/Liljegren or bust" and lots of "hahahah leafs fans think they can get Muzzin for scraps".

Then the trade happens, and now suddenly the Leafs gave up an arm and leg for Muzzin

Reactions: sd1976

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
If Toronto is still scouting the Canes, it's most definitely for Ferland.

But it looks like the Canes are gonna make a massive mistake by holding on to him for a run to the 9th seed

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Pesce is garbage. Dont even know why Hurricanes fans wanna keep shoving him down our throats

Uh...we don't. He's the media's reported favored target of Dubas. Yup, he's such garbage...only one of the best defensive defenseman in the NHL.

If we were going to try to force anybody down your throats for an over-payment, it'd be Justin Faulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad