Not open for further replies.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
So he goes both ways?

Like+a+bisexual+_c845d2a232481a046c1a3cce62692dc8.png

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I'm pretty excited to see what he can do at the NHL level.

Even if at best he ends up like Holl a good #5 who can slot in as a top 4, guy with a better partner, this is a big win for the Leafs.
Agreed.
It’ll be interesting to watch how it plays out, even if he’s just a one-year placeholder.
At some point, you’ve gotta work Sandin and Lili in and be sure what you’ve got with TD.
I think Muzz can mentor Lili this year, and should be a priority in my view. That would leave Holl/TD and Lehtonen for the third pair with flexibility to move up the lineup when needed.
It’s just the guy beside Reilly that’s wide open. Two relatively unproven guys in the top six could work, but it’s a ballsy proposition for a team coming off a tough year looking to win.
That’s why Pietrangelo is such a good fit imo.

Reactions: Menzinger

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
I think that we're going to see him play in the top 4 next season. He very well could be the third best dman in the organization.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Jokerit next game is tomorrow at the same time, at home. VS AK Bars Kazan

So, slightly tougher opponent this time, not that their previous opponent was a terrible one
albeit, weakened greatly from last season.
Did you get a chance to watch?

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I think that we're going to see him play in the top 4 next season. He very well could be the third best dman in the organization.
I can’t make any predictions about his ranking personally, but I do have the impression that Coach Keefe isn’t shy about mixing up his pairings; and given that he appears to play both sides, I could see him playing with different partners.
2nd pp role is pretty wide open too, if Barrie doesn’t return.

Reactions: jaric1862

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Lehtonen will tear up NHL once the new season starts, if he is given a chance. Playing competitive games in KHL will give a big advantage. He was the best player playing in Europe already last season, he's only going to get better if he stays healthy.

For Finland national team having a 1-2 punch of Miro+Mikko will be absolutely huge.

Is he actually that good?

Reactions: SeaOfBlue

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I'm pretty excited to see what he can do at the NHL level.

Even if at best he ends up like Holl a good #5 who can slot in as a top 4, guy with a better partner, this is a big win for the Leafs.
Do you think Holl would lead all defensemen in scoring in the KHL. ;)

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
23 yrs old, 172 regular and playoff games in total, saddled with some real all star calibre RD partners over the 3 years he's been in the league, sheltered by Babs, never asked until this year to move up in the line up (where he had some success), skates well, 205 lbs and strong, still learning, would benefit from some quality partnership (Rielly? Rielly?), and could we just show some patience, please, how many times do we need to watch the same movie?
100% agree. I've been saying for while now that given time and a normal progression he's going to be a very solid middle pairing defenceman...Maybe more...As you say when we do get a young defenceman in our system they are constantly saddled with not-the-best of partners...It's hard enough breaking in with a team featuring a veteran defence corp never mind with a basically soft team defensively.I never say never (if the right deal comes along) but I hope Dermott and Liljegren and Sandin get the necessary time to properly develop.

Reactions: meefer and kb

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Lehtonen will tear up NHL once the new season starts, if he is given a chance. Playing competitive games in KHL will give a big advantage. He was the best player playing in Europe already last season, he's only going to get better if he stays healthy.

For Finland national team having a 1-2 punch of Miro+Mikko will be absolutely huge.
I love your optimism but I would be shocked if he's good enough to be compared to Heiskanen,

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Had over 2 min shift this time, so another long one (longer)
great shift on the o-zone, made many great plays.
finished his shift in the d-zone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad