Confirmed with Link: TOR sign RD Zach Bogosian [1 year, 1M]

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I can see how important it is to have 3 heavy dmen when it gets chippy at the end of a game like that.

Bogosian's defensive play really stood out tonight.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Really like the 2 way game of our defense this year... all have a bit of sandpaper and skill and none seem intimidated by physical hockey. Sandin seems to like it in fact.

Liljegren seems to like physical hockey too.

Hclass47

Apr 28, 2018
Bogo is just solid all around. His size and grit are exactly why he was brought in.

If Dubas is smart he will resign him. Unfortunately it will block Lily’s growth. Maybe the bottom pair becomes a platoon of 3-4 d? Better yet rotate d in and out during the season to give them brakes. This will get the young guys some exposure to the league while offering some load management to the everyday guys

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Bogo is just solid all around. His size and grit are exactly why he was brought in.

If Dubas is smart he will resign him. Unfortunately it will block Lily’s growth. Maybe the bottom pair becomes a platoon of 3-4 d? Better yet rotate d in and out during the season to give them brakes. This will get the young guys some exposure to the league while offering some load management to the everyday guys
I think Lily is #1 replacement for injury next year. And given how much players get injured, he'll probably play 70% of the year.

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
I've been very pleasantly surprised at the play I've seen from him that runs counter to the mold people would slot him into - he's moved the puck incredibly well and seems to make smart plays in his own end, ie. takes the best and lowest risk read. Been very impressed with him. I feel like I've seen more mistakes from all the other defencemen compared to Bogo. Though they've all played really well for the most part.

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018

Keep in mind that we'll probably be losing one of either Holl or Dermott in the expansion draft.

So, Lily will probably get ample opportunity for playing time either through rotation or from injuries.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Big fan of bringing him back, even with a bit of a raise. Heck I'd be comfortable giving him a 2-3 year deal if it's under $1.5 mill AAV. Great bottom pairing d-man and at 30, he still has some mileage left.

Could easily be a #7 if Liljegren can take a roster spot from him.

Reactions: LFCTML and Joufreau

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Bogo has been one of our most consistent players all year. You know exactly what you're going to get from him every night. I love what he brings. I'm not sure what the future holds for him and the Leafs, but I've become enough of a fan of his that I genuinely just hope he gets a good deal somewhere if not with us. Very clearly still has a couple good years left in him. Surprisingly moves quite well for his size, and just makes very smart decisions in his own end time and time again.

Reactions: LFCTML

LFCTML

Nov 29, 2019
Man, I've never been so happy to be so wrong about a player.

I remember saying in the first week or two of the season that I didn't think he was mobile enough to play regularly on our blueline. But he's been an absolute beast - exactly what we needed. The physicality is great, but what's really surprised me is just how well he reads the game and how solid he is positionally. He's not an outstanding skater, but he rarely gets caught because he's just so damn good at keeping up with the play. He also makes the most of a fairly limited offensive skillset by consistently making safe/smart plays and not getting forced into turnovers. This guy has been brilliant for us.

Reactions: uncleben

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad