Confirmed with Link: TOR sign RD Zach Bogosian [1 year, 1M]

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
He's the prototypical playoff d-man. During the season he plays reliable, responsible minutes where he stays in his lane, and then come playoff time steps it up with physicality and tempo and is that 'crease clearer' you need. Awesome signing, would like to bring him back though I think he will garner a raise elsewhere unfortunately.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Last night he was an absolute horse on the P.K and was always steady with the puck. He had his usual front of net battles, and he wisely handles the challenge without stick work or stupid play. That is wily, veteran, A-B-C defense leadership you can't underestimate.

I've been an ardent defender of him from day one, never waivered. Guys like him and Simmonds were built for the playoffs. Both playing physical but smart hockey.

It was possibly the most impressive signing by Dubas thus far in my eyes, simply for the reason that it caught me and probably many others offguard. As soon as he signed him I thought "just perfect for this defenses needs" and he hadn't crossed my mind at all so it was a pleasant surprise.

A prudent signing by Dubas. Maybe both parties will find a home for each other. As soon as he added Brodie and Bogosian I saw the makings of the best defense this team had for 20+ years. They haven't disappointed. All of them are sacrificing for each other and Campbell loves it.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
there was one poster who ripped him the first 5 games dont remember who it was, but every 5 minutes he ripped bogo, haven't seen him since lol, he has been good happy how he is performing, when I think of bogo, I think steady, and a rock.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Amazing how the narrative on guys like him change when the dollars and expectation do
why would you be amazed , the league works under a hard cap so the only to evaluate players is by basing their performance against there cap hit

and if Bogo was still making over 5m few if any would be praising him but at his current cap hit he's very good value

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
The 92 and 93 teams had some really great d.

I think we have some really good d now as well.

Brodie was like a nest of first round picks falling into Dubas' lap.

Outrageous signing this guy.

Same for Bogosian.

Spezza, another outrageous signing.

Has anyone noticed that Spezza not so quietly, is making a case for being a serious part of our top six.

He rising like a Phoenix big time.

Fun as heck to watch. Lots more of Bogo to watch.

GO LEAFS GO LEAFS GO LEAFS GO.

He and Foligno, are the only two leafs that would scare me in an alleyway, still. being an ex pugilist. These two have a look.

Its the look I want, on my team.

Don't fff with my teammates.

Reactions: The Cobra

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
Depends how much money he wants to be a bottom pair D. He is not from the area, like Spezza, Thornton and some other guys, so he might not look to take a discount to stay.

Yeah, that's fair.

Just hope with him having being on a losing team in Buffalo for so long, he appreciates winning and wants to keep it.

In 20 years from now when he's long done playing, a few extra million, for an already wealthy guy won't count for much over potentially winning more cups.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Yeah, that's fair.

Just hope with him having being on a losing team in Buffalo for so long, he appreciates winning and wants to keep it.

In 20 years from now when he's long done playing, a few extra million, for an already wealthy guy won't count for much over potentially winning more cups.

Yea, I don't know his motivations. I am just speculating. I hope he stays on the cheap.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Yea, I don't know his motivations. I am just speculating. I hope he stays on the cheap.

He is warranted a raise if the Leafs and he find a mutual agreement, it won't be excessive, but, Leafs have been provided full value this year.

Leafs have the economic might to give the mighty signing bonus. Especially valuable during these uncertain covid times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad