Confirmed with Link: TOR sign G Petr Mrazek to 3 year deal, 3.8M AAV

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Rantta has a much better career save% and he hasn’t had the benefit of playing behind one of the leagues best defences the last few years.
He also signed cheaper and for less term.

Arizona goalies all have super high save% for some reason.

Reactions: stickty111

makbeer

Sep 28, 2006
I fail to see how Price is better than either Mrazek or Campbell at this point, but.....? Like Campbell outdueled him and Tampa embarrassed him. Not to mention he's been straight up awful in the last 3 regular seasons.

Also Ned being the same? Come on. Since his draft year (2014 - 7 seasons ago) the guy has had two seasons above a .907 sv% in the league he played the most in. 2018-19 he had a .916 in 51 games in the AHL, and in 20-21 he had a .932 in 23 games in the NHL. Much more likely he's a flash in the pan than as good as either Mrazek or Campbell.

Lol ok.

jiggy35

Jun 26, 2012
I’ll take Mrazek at ~3.5 over Ullmark, Andersen, even Grubauer at their cap hits or trash trendies for cheap. Better fancy stats than all of them and used to the tandem situation.

It’s still Campbell’s net but now more pressure for him to perform and keep it. Pretty solid duo in my eyes.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
It was time to move on from Andersen

Mrazek and Campbell should be a solid duo
Based on how they’d moved the past two years, maybe… but it shouldn’t have been. They overplayed him out of necessity in previous years, then inexplicably kept played a goalie with a groin injury this year. It’s almost hard to believe a professional organization could make such a poor decision.

Neither Mrazek or Campbell are backstopping a cup winner.

Another step back by Dubas.

Reactions: makbeer

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
We're concerned with performance here.
Me too.

Seeing Brendan Gallagher float one through Campbell’s legs to break the ice and put them behind in the 7th and deciding game was tough to watch. My daughter would have stopped it. There was 4-5, arguably 6 terrible goals over 7 playoff games for him. That sort of performance in high leverage situation is incredibly concerning.

Reactions: shanewalsh

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Me too.

Seeing Brendan Gallagher float one through Campbell’s legs to break the ice and put them behind in the 7th and deciding game was tough to watch. That sort of performance in high leverage situation is incredibly concerning.

Campbell played better these playoffs than Freddy ever has for us.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Me too.

Seeing Brendan Gallagher float one through Campbell’s legs to break the ice and put them behind in the 7th and deciding game was tough to watch. My daughter would have stopped it. There was 4-5, arguably 6 terrible goals over 7 playoff games for him. That sort of performance in high leverage situation is incredibly concerning.
Yeah we’ve seen that game 7 softee before.
Not sure Campbell has the mental toughness to be counted on in the playoffs. Andersen didn’t either, hopefully the new guy does.

Reactions: Menzinger

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Yeah we’ve seen that game 7 softee before.
Not sure Campbell has the mental toughness to be counted on in the playoffs. Andersen didn’t either, hopefully the new guy does.
Yeah, definitely a few Anderson would want back against the Bruins or Capitals, but I recall one or two in a series, never 5 like Campbell, and never a deflating one on the level of the Gallagher goal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad