Confirmed with Link: TOR sign G Petr Mrazek to 3 year deal, 3.8M AAV

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
This is our first time in 6 years being in the Atlantic without a prime Fred. It's worrisome.

Well 19/20 regular season was prime Fred transitioning to non-prime Fred but he had nice numbers in the playoffs so I snuck it in.

Not sure how that changes what I said? We were barely a playoff team to end the 19/20 season so that should increase the worry about life without prime Fred in the Atlantic.

Reactions: Its not your fault

BooDubasBoo

Jul 28, 2021
It shows you aren't here to be objective.

Im not, the guy is an absolute clown.

Once again the team is going "the big 4 need to produce" filling the team with unproven players and guys like kampf. Its a team sport no? Next year will be a repeat of this one, teams will focus in on those top 2 lines and we'll lose again. God forbid if someone goes down because real depth doesnt exist because of how much money this guy wastes.

If kerfoot is your 3c youre going to have a bad time, if kampf is your 3c youre going to have a bad time. If you waste 3.8 on a tandem goalie when you dont have a 3c, youre going to have a bad time.

Reactions: binop7

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Once again the team is going "the big 4 need to produce" filling the team with unproven players and guys like kampf. Its a team sport no? Next year will be a repeat of this one, teams will focus in on those top 2 lines and we'll lose again. God forbid if someone goes down because real depth doesnt exist because of how much money this guy wastes.

If kerfoot is your 3c youre going to have a bad time, if kampf is your 3c youre going to have a bad time. If you waste 3.8 on a tandem goalie when you dont have a 3c, youre going to have a bad time.
No he isn't a clown. He is doing what he did in getting a good backup. You just are struggling to evaluate a contract.
You know repeating your 2nd point three times doesn't make it true, but alright.

If Kerfoot is your middle 6 option, you are doing well. Kampf is our depth outside the lineup , you are doing well. When you add in 3.8 on a position of need, you are doing well.

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Other teams signing bad deals doesnt make you intelligent in retrospect, why cant people grasp this.
Other people signing worse deals then yours makes you look smart, why can't people grasp this? It looks like you were wrong and are now changing the narrative. Bad look.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016

I'm surprised you rather use a south park joke as your own to try to be funny. Rather then make a cleaver come back. Internal growth is not going to happen is what you're saying? You are also saying this right now is the teams have until the trade deadline. I'm holding my cards for now.

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
I like it. Terms and dollars are not great, but reasonable.

Mrazek might not be winning any awards, but he's a known quantity and consistency is really key.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Watch them play. He is significantly better than Mrazek.
Yes, his 38 NHL games over 5 different seasons is a huge sample size to draw conclusions from. Almost as many games as "The Hamburgler" Andrew Hammond when he was anointed a god too.

Reactions: The Podium

makbeer

Sep 28, 2006
Yes, his 38 NHL games over 5 different seasons is a huge sample size to draw conclusions from. Almost as many games as "The Hamburgler" Andrew Hammond when he was anointed a god too.

Try watching the player and evaluating their game and not looking at hockeydb to form opinions.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Decent goalie but wish they spent this cap beyond the crease.... for a team that needs to find bargains and fill holes upfront, this really restricts them.

makbeer

Sep 28, 2006
I hated Mrazek at 3.8, but after seeing all these other deals (including Ullmark who I wanted), feel better that we got in early to the party.
I’d rather Ullmark at 5 than mrazek at 3.8.

worst part is now we have to go through Ullmark on Boston in our division. That combination is going to be a problem.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

makbeer

Sep 28, 2006
Atlantic Division goaltending:

Better than us:
Tampa
Montreal
Boston

Same as us:
Detroit

Undecided
Florida (Knight is a beast)

Worse than us:
Ottawa
Buffalo

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I don't like Mrazek because he blew a spot start for me in my fantasy finals a few years ago and almost lost because of it. Willing to give him another shot with the Leafs, not sure if he'll ever touch my fantasy team again though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad