Confirmed with Link: TOR sign F Alex Steeves to 3 year ELC

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
If we would have stopped at Hansen and Irwin we never would have signed Bozak.

You always take the chance at talent. Honestly there is no reason for people to be upset about this.
Oh definitely. I love these signings. Was confused about the reaction from the poster I was replying to.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
He won't get nearly the amount of time and space that he has on most of these plays at the pro level, but if he can make quicker decisions playing with better teammates I really like the potential there.
Good observation… In his favor, he has adapted to each league he’s been in pretty well.
Pretty interesting player.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Remember that phenom kid that was also an engineer and everybody was gaga he signed with us. I forget his name but other than the couple of games he got as a reward for signing with us we never heard from him again.
Isn't that the one who signed with Ottawa but was traded here as a contract spot? Max Veronneau I believe?

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
A free prospect is never bad but the focus should be on adding a piece

Such a tired argument.

Our front office, and the majority of people, can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Those who can't, dont go too far in life. I would be dumb founded if our management dedicated 24hrs a day to harassing other GM's, and missed out on asset that hit.

Adding a top college UFA to your depth, doesnt scream to me they arent focused on augmenting their roster for a run.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Welcome Alex Steeves-O to the Toronto Maple Leafs

4jQpzHRKZFcGfehzp2ss6m-480-80.jpg

Last edited:

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Seems like a good player to roll the dice on

I don't watch much NCAA hockey but his counting stats look pretty solid

Fingers crossed the kid works out

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
Two subtle but effective things I noticed in the short highlight clips. He shoots , at times, off the wrong foot which always screws up a goalies timing (and not enough players do in my opinion) and his timing on passes and shots immediately after beating an opponent is great... Too many players will beat someone with a move and take too long to pass or shoot which gives defencemen and goalies more time to get set. He "seems" to be an intelligent player with skills so it doesn't surprise me that KD signed him.

Reactions: cookie and kb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad