Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Pierre Engvall signs extension (2 years, $1.25M AAV)

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
His foot speed is not NHL tier. Watch any of the last 10 games you will see him lose his man in transition or basically any play along the half wall.

For a guy who doesn’t have foot speed he’s a beast at gaining the zone. Spezza has been awesome this year, you’re nuts.

DatSnipeMatthews

Oct 5, 2017
Canada
I would be very surprised if @The Winter Soldier doesn't or hasn't already found something to slag the Leafs over this signing.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm always amazed at his takes.

Who knows -- maybe he will like this and give Kyle Dubas some credit for this signing?

TWS has undoubtedly has already or will soon create a negative spin on this signing. He would argue that water is dry, if it suited his narrative that the Leafs suck, or the leafs player sucks.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Nice, really like Engvall. He’s one of our best defensive forwards, maybe our best period - great skater, rangey, high defensive hockey IQ. Decent offensively for a bottom 6 forward too. Happy to keep him around at a reasonable price.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Nice, really like Engvall. He’s one of our best defensive forwards, maybe our best period - great skater, rangey, high defensive hockey IQ. Decent offensively for a bottom 6 forward too. Happy to keep him around at a reasonable price.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
His foot speed is not NHL tier. Watch any of the last 10 games you will see him lose his man in transition or basically any play along the half wall.

Don’t see it. His foot speed is much better than advertised; likely playing less minutes has a lot to do with it. He has been surprisingly quite good.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
For a player who's 6'4" -- his foot speed is very good.

Weird thing to rag Engvall on, makes me feel like somebody doesn't watch him very often

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I think the foot speed stuff was about Spezza. Engvall is pretty fast for his size.
oop, my bad. Ignore that.

Spezza's foot speed is definitely a weakness, for his age it's kinda expected though.

Still has outperformed his contract by miles this year, still a very useful player as I said earlier in the thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad