Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Pierre Engvall signs extension (2 years, $1.25M AAV)

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
Good signing. His development allows the Leafs to explore trading other middle-6 forwards to address the black hole of defensive RH dmen.

Reactions: TommyG29 and pan43

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Big fan of this. Can't go wrong with this really, this is 4th liner money. He is on pace for 15 goals and 30 points playing bottom 6 for the Leafs. Big boy, has been an impact player in key moments several times this year.

This is a quality depth piece for us.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Would have liked to see this at 1 Million personally but I can't complain.

I mean, he has shown he has tools to be an effective middle 6 winger. When we had injuries, he slid up to the top 6 and produced at a much higher rate (sample size and yes, he did have JT) but it shows that there is potential there.

This is low enough that a cap strapped team like the Leafs can afford him on the 4th line, while having the potential to be really good value if they move out Johnsson and put him in the top 6.

Oh, and he has also played half his games at center so he gives more depth there too. I don't see any way this is high based on what he has shown so far.

Reactions: qqaz

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Really great deal. A reliable and versatile 3rd/4th line player who can fill in in the top 6.

Leafs have not managed the cap so well with the top of their lineup but, outside of Marner/Tavares/Matthews (who are all legit superstars), they've done quite well at signing all their guys to reasonable contracts. From Rielly, Andersen & Nylander to Johnsson, Hymen & Kapanen to Spezza, Engvall & Holl. While the top guys haven't taken sacrifices, all the guys below them, thus far, have taken deals that allow those larger deals to work (to some extent).

Reactions: hn777

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Kerfoot replacement

Hyman - Matthews - Marner

Mikheyev - Tavares - Nylander

Korshkov - Engvall - Kapanen***************************

Agostino - Spezza - GOAT

Last edited:
Reactions: BHD

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Kerfoot replacement

Hyman - Matthews - Marner

Mikheyev - Tavares - Nylander

Korshkov - Engvall - Nylander

Agostino - Spezza - GOAT

I would keep Kerfoot given his flexibility at W and C and I'm not sure Korshkov will be ready next season (although he has looked good in the A). Always a good idea to keep as many guys who can play C as possible.

Although Robertson is a bit of a wildcard, he could be ready next season and can't go to the AHL. If he is then Maybe Kerfoot goes just to make room for him.

Reactions: I am Canadian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad