Confirmed with Link: [TOR/OTT] Zaitsev, Brown, Carcone for Ceci, Harpur, Luchuk, 2020 CBJ 3rd Round Pick

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I'll take it. Losing carcone kinda sucks. Wonder what the pick is. Good job Dubas.

Edit: 2nd or 3rd? Nice!
Agree on Carcone but he needed waivers this year and Luchuk is a natural center who had 50 goals and 115 points in the OHL just two years ago.

He should be a Marlie next year and who knows, could be a good one.

Reactions: TMLeafer

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I’d expect our D to look like:
Rielly - Hainsey
Muzzin - Ceci
Dermott - ?

At least by the end of the day.

BrainyBomber

Apr 1, 2018
Grand theft auto by Dubas esp if it's a 2nd.

Columbus could easily be crap now since 3 of their best players are all leaving town. A high 2nd rounder is not far off in value from a low 1st which is likely what Carolina will get from us.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Wow! Great work by Dubas! I'm hoping that pick is a second.

Some of my Sens buddies (I'm originally from Ottawa) don't mind Harpur. He's a monster (6'6) and knows how to play D. Has zero offence though and is missing consistency. He has potential to be a #6, as he's still young (24) and has room to improve.

Reactions: WizardOfNaz

Lainehasaweirdface

May 14, 2015
I wouldn’t sleep on Luchuk.

He’s a year younger than Carcone, and Carcone surprised us all this year.

There’s some skill there.
Would have played with Bracco on the mem cup team too, so lookout for that combo if Bracco can’t crack the big club.

Reactions: Cor

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Nice to see the fact it was a trade request didnt kill the value as much as thought.

Smart money was certainly on it looking like the Leafs came away with a steal no matter what the return was though.

Worried about how run and gun the team is going to be next year now. Take away our best defensive forward and one of the better dmen in the league at preventing high danger chances and its gonna be fun I guess.

Another good move by Dubas.

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
Babcock is going to love Harpur.

Almost a Marincin clone.

Both of them making 700k each is fine by me. Theyre minimum paid depth that can both PK.

One will be on the roster if not both as Press Box participants.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I knew this was going to be Zaitsev and Brown for Ceci and a pick.

There’s some filler, but the above made sense the entire time.

People here were tossing around Liljegren and Bracco :laugh:

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
We actually have some really decent amount of cap space now. Assuming Marner signs a 10.5 x 5 deal (worst case scenario), we still have around 5M in cap space (with all the other positions filled in by cheap Marlies). We can trade Kadri for a top pairing RD like Pesce or Hamilton, and then have 4-5M left over to either find a 3C and #4D which is very realistic

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Good deal. If we assume that we let Ceci walk we still have a issue. Problem is Leafs have ~5 mil to build their 2nd pair which is very hard to do.

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
What a steal for the Leafs!! Ceci has been unfairly crapped on in Ottawa. He is a good player, durable, plays hard, and has much more offensive upside than the scrub Zaitsev. Ceci is BY FAR the best player in this deal.

Ceci has played his whole life in Ottawa. Played all his minor hockey growing up there, played his jr career with 67s (aside from less than half a season with Owen Sound) and has been with the Sens organization since day 1 with only a short stint in Binghamton. You think a change of scenery is going to be a shot in the arm for this kid? Wow. Zaitsev will be in the KHL in 2 years and Connor Brown is a dime a dozen player.

Make no mistake the Leafs got alot better and the defense got a major boost.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Me when I saw we are getting a 2nd or 3rd in this deal

tenor.gif

Reactions: HomerJLeafs

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Harpur is a new Marincin, so the Marlies are deeper. Luchuk has some upside, and should help the Marlies. Both add depth. I like Dubas and co’s attention to detail.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Getting rid of Zaitsev's contract not good enough?
That deal had to go and I'd have done it without the pick still
We’re trading Brown too, Zaits for Ceci is fair, Connor as a nothing sweetener no. Getting a pick is good return, not like Brown has a huge deal and can’t play in the league. The pick tilts this to a good deal for the Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad