Confirmed with Link: [TOR/OTT] Zaitsev, Brown, Carcone for Ceci, Harpur, Luchuk, 2020 CBJ 3rd Round Pick

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Thanks Dorion.
Thanks Melnyk.
Thanks Ottawa.

Deep down, I knew we could count on you to take our terrible contracts. Again.

See you in a few years with another bad contract.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
I'd be pretty shocked if they did. Brown is the "sweetener" here. I doubt you see a top 60 pick added on top of that.
While I get that Ottawa may not always make great decisions... Brown is such a small sweetener compared to how bad Zaitsev is.

But I am perfectly content without giving up anything significant on top of Brown :laugh:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
While I get that Ottawa may not always make great decisions... Brown is such a small sweetener compared to how bad Zaitsev is.

But I am perfectly content without giving up anything significant on top of Brown :laugh:

If you think about it this way, Brown was probably worth a 2nd round pick through a simple trade. Maybe a 3rd + 4th. Either way, his value is pretty solid because of his age, being cost controlled and his well liked abilities (PK, hard work, decent offensive numbers despite usage, etc).

So while for us he was pushed down the lineup because of the talent here, he will be useful for a rebuilding team like Ottawa. Thus, this is likely a good player to get and they probably think they are getting a cost controlled defenseman that DJ Smith likes... so I would say Brown is a solid sweetener considering everything.

We'll see though.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009

The way Sens fans talk about Ceci, it should be us getting the sweetener.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Why does everyone keep predicting Paul? He seems like a pretty nothing prospect. I mean, as an AHLer whatever, I'm just thinking there must be a reason why so many people are throwing his name in. I see nothing special about him to be standing out...

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Why does everyone keep predicting Paul? He seems like a pretty nothing prospect. I mean, as an AHLer whatever, I'm just thinking there must be a reason why so many people are throwing his name in. I see nothing special about him to be standing out...

Mainly the Marlies.

Greening retired today. I don’t think Mueller is signed for next year.

Engvall will probably be playing C, and there’s Brooks, but we can use another C or two down there

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Also, just to mention, Bobby Mac's tweet actually said "at least 6" pieces, not definitively 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->