Confirmed with Link: [TOR/OTT] Zaitsev, Brown, Carcone for Ceci, Harpur, Luchuk, 2020 CBJ 3rd Round Pick

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I could see our 2nd in '21 being involved. You would prefer that to Bracco, but maybe another prospect as well.

If we're giving them Brown & a 2nd on top of Zaitsev, I'm looking for a pretty significant add from their side.
I don't expect this will be the case though, that we'd be adding a 2nd round pick.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Why does everyone keep predicting Paul? He seems like a pretty nothing prospect. I mean, as an AHLer whatever, I'm just thinking there must be a reason why so many people are throwing his name in. I see nothing special about him to be standing out...

Not sure, but they've got quite a few center prospects. Chlapik could be available though.

Reactions: Sypher04

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Why does everyone keep predicting Paul? He seems like a pretty nothing prospect. I mean, as an AHLer whatever, I'm just thinking there must be a reason why so many people are throwing his name in. I see nothing special about him to be standing out...

His possession numbers and all that are pretty good which Dubas likes and he'll be a league minimum contract most likely. He'll most likely just take Browns spot on the 4th line

Reactions: Kiwi and Sypher04

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Very good AHL production. He'd be a good Marlies player at the worst. He's got some size at 6'4" and fills a bit of a LW/C need with Mueller and Greening leaving the Marlies.

More or less a contract dump but I'd say he could be someone that gets a call-up if you run into injuries.

Reactions: Kiwi and Sypher04

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
If Pageau was cheaper I'd kinda want him involved, so we could move out Kadri. I think Pageau has more offensive potential, not necessarily a lot, but he plays a solid two-way game.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Im gonna laugh if they give us something for Brown. He might be the most overrated player on the Leafs. Fairly useless, decent 4th liner, maybe.

If we get a pick we're golden.

Reactions: stopclickbait

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
His possession numbers and all that are pretty good which Dubas likes and he'll be a league minimum contract most likely. He'll most likely just take Browns spot on the 4th line

Very good AHL production. He'd be a good Marlies player at the worst. He's got some size at 6'4" and fills a bit of a LW/C need with Mueller and Greening leaving the Marlies.

More or less a contract dump but I'd say he could be someone that gets a call-up if you run into injuries.

Paul's play picked up towards the end of the season when he got into some Senator games. Could be a late bloomer.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Truth be told, with a change in role, I think Zaitsev and Brown can both be good players for Ottawa.
Obviously, reserving final judgement until I see the other pieces involved, but I feel like this is a trade that could work out really well for both sides.
Which is unfortunate, because I would love to further Ottawa's misery lol

Heisen

Mar 27, 2019
lol had to include Brown and take back a crappy player. dubas is full of soyyyyy

kfox

Dec 23, 2011
Truth be told, with a change in role, I think Zaitsev and Brown can both be good players for Ottawa.
Obviously, reserving final judgement until I see the other pieces involved, but I feel like this is a trade that could work out really well for both sides.
Which is unfortunate, because I would love to further Ottawa's misery lol

No doubt DJ Smith is in Dorion's ear on this deal-- they know what they're getting and see themselves coming out on top

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I wonder if Chris Tierney is in this, if he is it could mean the end of Kadri, I also wonder about Demelo

Reactions: kb

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I wonder if Chris Tierney is in this, if he is it could mean the end of Kadri, I also wonder about Demelo

I think Tierney is a name we’d already hear about in this mix... seems like all the major names have been announced, i assume the rest are picks and mediocre prospects

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00