Proposal: TOR-OTT (Blockbuster)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Any team in any position would take Matthews for EK because of age and control. You could just flip Matthews for an absolute crazy haul if your team for some reason doesn't need a young number 1 center.

You also said "However neither team would go near this" so ya it does seem like you were saying the Sens wouldn't accept this trade.

Respectfully disagree but I understand your points. What I ment when I said neither team would go near this is your not going to see the Sens knocking on the leafs door and offering this trade, same the other way around. Unrealistic scenario that simply wouldn’t be brought up

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Well he cost them the game in the end.
Sure, his 4 goals had nothing to do with getting to OT...i'm just playing man, this thread was made to be a trainwreck, i am just trying to lighten the mood. I truly wish Karlsson would re-sign with Ottawa.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Sure, his 4 goals had nothing to do with getting to OT...i'm just playing man, this thread was made to be a trainwreck, i am just trying to lighten the mood. I truly wish Karlsson would re-sign with Ottawa.

Well, I wouldn’t trade Matthews for Karlsson if I were the Leafs.

I would trade Nylander for some defensive help though.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Well he cost them the game in the end.

Karlsson got the better of him and set up Turris.

Matthews apologized in the post-game interview for his game-losing mistake and the talking heads were going on about how mature it was.

Not just mature but humble too. How many players would talk about his one mistake after scoring 4 goals, never mind rookies.

Respectfully disagree but I understand your points. What I ment when I said neither team would go near this is your not going to see the Sens knocking on the leafs door and offering this trade, same the other way around. Unrealistic scenario that simply wouldn’t be brought up

The Sens wouldn't make the offer because it would be embarrassing to be hung up on. If the Leafs offered this deal you can be 100% positive they'd snap it up as fast as they possibly could.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Well, I wouldn’t trade Matthews for Karlsson if I were the Leafs.

I would trade Nylander for some defensive help though.

If we take this site to heart, we would lose any deal for Nylander. Apparently we'd need to add to get guys like Trouba/Spurgeon/Dumba. Hell, folks were saying Nylander straight up for Faulk, considering Gardiner is considered trash on here....not sure how that makes sense. I think the Leafs will aim lower or stand pat, no sense losing a deal just to make a deal.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
If we take this site to heart, we would lose any deal for Nylander. Apparently we'd need to add to get guys like Trouba/Spurgeon/Dumba. Hell, folks were saying Nylander straight up for Faulk, consider Gardiner is considered trash on here....not sure how that makes sense. I think the Leafs will aim lower or stand pat, no sense losing a deal just to make a deal.

Nylander has the value of a dirty diaper on HFBoards. He maybe worth a bag of pucks, but for that bag of pucks, we would need to add our next 4 number 1 picks, and Kappy to make it attractive enough.

Gards should just retire and take up ice dancing, he had fake points and no brain

Any other young player in the league is fantastic though, and worth a boatload of assets...

That's HFBoards in a nutshell

Last edited:
Reactions: Liferleafer

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Yes good point, that has huge impact on the trade value of this young superstar. :biglaugh:

I'm not arguing what Auston Matthews trade value us. In fact I questioned why this thread is still open because of how ridiculous it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad