Confirmed Trade: [TOR/NYI] Matt Martin for Eamon McAdam [MOD 217, 345]

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
It just blows my mind how he first signs Komarov to a shit deal, then willingly takes a cap dump from Leafs....

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
In all seriousness I just want to thank you Lou; I am sure in future when Isles need help either for cap reasons Dubas will happily oblige. Leafs really needed this; Leafs at present (minus Tavares) are as much Lou's work as Dubas' work.

So thanks again Lou.

Reactions: searle

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
and guys in the martin to nyr thread were saying it would take a 2nd or 3rd to dump martin

awesomeness

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Leafs get 2.5 off the books for 2019-20 which is critical. Isles get a guy who they can use properly

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Lou is just gonna send the goon squad after Tavares and take anyone from Toronto who might get in the way... :laugh:

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Toronto definitely doesn’t need a second hockey team anymore, we have just decided to use the Islanders as our farm system / dumping ground

Keep it up Lou. When Shanny said you would be consulting for us I had no idea you would still be this involved in the rebuild

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
the leafs are a dumping of the final year of marleau (6.25 hit, but only 1.25 in real cash) away from having 43 mil to sign Nylander, Marner, Kapanen and Matthews (also horton on ltir). More than enough room to bring in a couple dmen

this was a great deal. Martin is still a solid 4th liner but he wasnt gonna play over johnsson, lindholm, maybe even trevor moore

Reactions: The Big D

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Matthews - 12+
Marner - 8+
Nylander - 7+

The math don't add up to 16M.

Edit: oh also in b4 the "hometown discount" comments.

What math are you referring to? So you have Matthews making McDavid money pretty much which he won’t get and Marner and Nylander making more than Pasta. I know rival fans hate us but be in the ballpark.

Matthews likely gets 11, Nylander 6.5 and Marner 7. With the cap going up the Leafs aren’t screwed at all.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Good move for the Leafs. Dubas is taking away Babcock's toys that he overplayed to the detriment of on-ice possession and production. Komarov and Martin are plugs that can be replaced by better and younger players internally.
People saying that Leafs are soft of whatever, look at the league. Big bruising teams are on the decline, teams that just skate up and down and produce are on the way up. Dubas knows this and he's building accordingly.
Smart dude.

Not true. Both boston who knocked us out by beating us up and washington who won the cup are bigger and play a tougher game

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
What math are you referring to? So you have Matthews making McDavid money pretty much which he won’t get and Marner and Nylander making more than Pasta. I know rival fans hate us but be in the ballpark.

Matthews likely gets 11, Nylander 6.5 and Marner 7. With the cap going up the Leafs aren’t screwed at all.

not even gonna bother looking for the idiotic comment you are replying to.

Matthews is getting 11. same as tavares
Marner gets 7. more than pastrnak, ehlers,forsberg etc
nylander gets 6.5. more than everyone above not names pasta

anyone who thinks the leafs are paying these three 27-30 mil needs to get their head checked

they were also the same guys that said we need to move a 2nd to move martin, or tavares would cost 13mil

Reactions: The List Of Jericho

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Not true. Both boston who knocked us out by beating us up and washington who won the cup are bigger and play a tougher game
pittsburgh who wont back to back had no tough guys until reaves and he didnt play a minute of playoff hockey there

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
How much ****ing money are the Islanders spending on bottom-6 forwards?

it depends if you consider ladd a bottom 6 forward (only 29pts last year so could be)

15 without ladd, 20.5 with ladd

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
we all should have seen this coming

Martin was not a Dubas' guy. It was clearly a Lou signing which means Lou values Martin. If he can get Martin for free of course he'd do it because he's out of touch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad