Confirmed Trade: [TOR/NYI] Matt Martin for Eamon McAdam [MOD 217, 345]

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Yeah, and their combined 7 goals won't hurt either!

10... but I’ll agree 7 sounds a lot more worse when making a point. Also, Martin only suited up 50 games.

Babs has a history of drying out certain players stats - example Grabner/Plekanec.

They both will not be scoring a lot, but they are 3rd and 4th liners, with edge and good defensive pay. If they were 50 point players, they wouldnt have been available.

For a rebuilding team, expecting to introduce a lot of youth...I like the acquisitions

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
I kept hearing rumors he was coming to the Rangers.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Reactions: haveandare

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I can't believe they got rid of him I do wish they had gotten a pick but still that cap space will be put to good use

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
I can't believe they got rid of him I do wish they had gotten a pick but still that cap space will be put to good use

Precisely why all these "Lou is gonna OFFER SHEET THE LEAFS!!1" comments are so silly. Lou is clearly on amicable terms with Dubas and Shanny if he is willing to help them out like this

This move also is a favor to Matt Martin, who was rumored to have been on his way out. Best possible way to land on his feet is to return to the place he lives anyways, plus the islanders are rebuilding so his locker room character is helpful

This trade isn't as big a deal as some are making it out to be. I just hope that Trotz appreciates Martin's "skillset" and finds the right way to utilize him.

Last edited:

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
He was a great soldier for the leafs. Glad he's going somewhere he's wanted did a amazing job helping Marner and Mathews get accustomed to the league. his ties on the island are well documented and the fan base missed him from what I gathered. sometimes its worth the price to bring back a character guy. its not like the nyi will regret the decision. I just hope he gets his chemistry back with his smash bros. they were really fun to watch.

I wish him nothing but the best

Reactions: Thrasymachus

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
10... but I’ll agree 7 sounds a lot more worse when making a point. Also, Martin only suited up 50 games.

Babs has a history of drying out certain players stats - example Grabner/Plekanec.

They both will not be scoring a lot, but they are 3rd and 4th liners, with edge and good defensive pay. If they were 50 point players, they wouldnt have been available.

For a rebuilding team, expecting to introduce a lot of youth...I like the acquisitions

Boyle's and Plekanec's numbers before and after joining the Leafs speak volumes about the Leafs 4th line scoring. Simply not a team that puts their 4th line in usage thats going to lead to goals. I'd imagine most 4th liners will do better elsewhere

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
I am pretty sure if we intentionally go after a player we got penalized a draft pick

so uh, lets hope Lou isn't a vindictive person

I guarantee Lou is a vindictive person but he's not going to make his own players a target like Bertuzzi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad