Value of: (TOR) Nick Robertson and a 2024 3rd round pick

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I'd rather Toronto trade their 1st this year for tanev and a 3rd then trade Nick Robertson + 3rd for him. I think n3xt season you see nick in the Leafs top 6, he's a really solid player with lots of room to keep growing and improving his all around game.
I think it would take your 1st plus Robertson to get Tanev.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I wouldn’t trade Robertson for smith straight up. Hell I wouldn’t claim Smith off waivers right now.
32, 5 million this year and next and 24 points this season.
Robertson's number are heavily suppressed playing bottom 6 minutes this year but mark my words, once he gets a top 6 opportunity with Nylander he's going to be a 50-60 points guy IMO. He's worth much more to the leafs (especially next year) then to any other team.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
With the Leafs salary structure Robertson is the type of cheap, NHL/AHL tweeter they need to fill out the roster. He has a tiny tool box but if used in the right situations he can contribute to the team.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Robertson's number are heavily suppressed playing bottom 6 minutes this year but mark my words, once he gets a top 6 opportunity with Nylander he's going to be a 50-60 points guy IMO. He's worth much more to the leafs (especially next year) then to any other team.
Robertson in a top six situation will get absolutely caved in. There’s a reason he is heavily sheltered. That P/60 stat isn’t linear with more time.

banks

W W 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
Makes zero sense to move Robertson. He has more upside than current value. Would be a very bad decision trading him at this point.

I agree completely. Robertson be moved for a rental or a depth piece.

Maybe in a hockey trade to fix the D or G positions long-term. If he's a piece in a big trade for like Saros or something, then sure. But Toronto can't afford to give away cheap young forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad